Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Intern
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I buy vinyl for plates for a bike?
Does the vinyl come pre cut, or does it come in one piece which is then cut by you?
How much does it cost approx?

I would need for one side on upper, both sides on tail, sides of front fender.

Thanks.

·
Moderator - In Memorium
24,167 Posts

·
The Intern
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey bro,

Have you tried www.tapeworks.com? They have some, but you may find someone who does decal work locally for less.
I heard about them, and went to their site, but did not see stuff exactly like I wanted to. I am hoping that someone locally will sell vinyl in sheets so I can just cut it to fit. I just repainted my bike (see my other thread http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220145 ), and wanted to bring it back to finished shape.
Thanks for the suggestion. BTW, you know the warmers are just about a week away, right? Posted it in the other thread.
Talk to you soon.

·
Moderator - In Memorium
24,167 Posts
I heard about them, and went to their site, but did not see stuff exactly like I wanted to. I am hoping that someone locally will sell vinyl in sheets so I can just cut it to fit. I just repainted my bike (see my other thread http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220145 ), and wanted to bring it back to finished shape.
Thanks for the suggestion. BTW, you know the warmers are just about a week away, right? Posted it in the other thread.
Talk to you soon.
They have some generic stuff, but it's pretty well buried. I'd go with something local to make life easier.

I was going to do something with their vinyl, but I think I'm just going to put numbers straight on my bodywork until I actually race and have to have plates. I'm cheap :D

Yeah I saw the post in the other thread. Looking forward to getting them whenever they make it in. Good job on that!

Now I just have to put in the Wideband and block offs, then put the track bodywork on.

If you see any vinyl that looks good, let me know. I may hget a set of plates if they are decent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.