Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since the other thread was closed I wanted to see where this was going. Besides some of the adolescent posting by some I wanted to see what you had to say about your viper. Here is what I posted.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Girlsalloverme
Nope. Why, is he another Viper guy that beats the piss out of R1's too?

Speaking of beating the piss out of something, do ANY of you have any video of you beating ANYTHING? If so, post a link. If not, you can watch the video I post where I spank some of you forum members, if I can ever get a PM dialog going with one of you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well if that was you then yes I would say you have one hell of a car....but even that Viper could only do 10.1 in the quarter mile...which is pretty close to what a STOCK R1 does it in. Are you catching my point? Treynor's Viper is pumping out 1000rwhp on the blower WITH the NOS. I seriously doubt your viper is even close to that. Show us your car, I am sure you have some pictures of it, post up what you have....what could it hurt?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got an 00' ACR GTS coupe w/513 at the rear wheels (Hennessey 550 pkg). I'll smoke anything 750 and down. I'm not stupid enough to race an R1, 954, Gsxr1000 etc..., unless the rider looks like a total newbie. One observation of the rider in the video, why was he letting off between shifts? a few tenths (dragstrip or on the street) make big differences. Later

·
Banned
860 Posts
no you won't. I've driven a freind's 99' ACR around and it wasn't that fast. an R6 or any new 600 will own your ass, /w a good rider they can get high tens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes I will, I do it all the time to guys like you with your little 600's. What happens when you hit the limiter in top gear, and I keep going and going...So you drove you friends ACR and it wasn't that fast?? do you really think anyone on this forum would agree with you that an ACR Viper isn't that fast? If you would have read my post, my viper is NOT stock.

·
pavement tester....
7,282 Posts
lets just clarify that there are cars out there that can OWN bikes. And they dont have to be million dollar ones either. Bikes are fast, but have their limitations. For example:

Autobahn in germany:-----> Friend riding a 750 maxed out. Glances in rear view and sees little blue lights on his ass. He pulls to the side and a big unmarked BMW pulls by like it aint no thang. I really wish some guys from Europe would chime in here. I lived there 5 years, and had a bike there too. You may get the jump but on the autobahn you will get your ass handed to you by a multitude of high performance machines, yes that includes Busa's and G1ks... A 1/4 mile is only the beginning of the race :D

·
Moving sucks...
10,143 Posts
Anyone wanna race my skateboard? It only has 3 wheels but it has nitrous.

Yer on, Dopplejakr. I've got inline skates here with JATO bottles attached. If I get them puppies lit before you cross the line, you're TOAST.

:D

·
Adios Amigo
169 Posts
VIPER VS R1 ARE YOU KIDDING?

OK Guys I Have sat by and read so many great postings on this website and I have never posted before , until now.Speaking from personal experience NO B------T. I have raced 2 vipers here in good ole Houston TX , and beat the absolute s--- out of both of them. And NO, I don't take pics when I'm traveling to 140MPH in about 10seconds.

P.S. THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE FACT, IF YOU THINK A 3400LB CAR WITH 450BHP CAN BEAT A 495LB BIKE WITH150 BHP, ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT IT IS POSSIBLE IF THE BIKE IS PARKED.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
My friend has a 2002 ACR GTS and I stayed right next to it on my yzf600r :)

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
9krpm -

i think your caps lock is stuck... you have used up all the capital letters you bastard!!! :D

- ba

·
Track Junkie
4,774 Posts
Re: VIPER VS R1 ARE YOU KIDDING?

9KRPM said:
OK GUYS I HAVE SAT BY AND READ SO MANY GREAT POSTINGS ON THIS WEBSITE AND I HAVE NEVER POSTED BEFORE, UNTIL NOW. SPEAKING FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE NO B------T. I HAVE RACED 2 VIPERS HERE IN GOOD OLE HOUSTON TEXAS , AND BEAT THE ABSOLUTE S--- OUT OF THEM. AND NO I DON'T TAKE PICS WHEN I'M TRAVELING TO 140MPH IN 10 SECONDS. I KNOW BOTH GUYS PERSONALLY, ONE IS A VENOM GTS, THE OTHER IS A RT/10 HEAVILY MODDED. WE NEVER TRIED A TOP SPEED RUN BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT THE VIPER PACKS ABOVE 130MPH WE ALL KNOW. BUT IT DOESNT HOOK DOWN LOW, AND ANY GOOD MC RIDER WOULD BE GONE, AND I MEAN GONE. THE BIKE WAS A 99 R1 WITH A MIG HIGH MOUNT AND SOME COSMETIC CHANGES.

P.S. THIS IS AN ABSOLUTE FACT, IF YOU THINK A 3400LB CAR WITH 450BHP CAN BEAT A 495LB BIKE WITH150 BHP, ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT IT IS POSSIBLE IF THE BIKE IS PARKED.

why the caps lock....you hurt boxing's eyes mang :dunno

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,538 Posts
Girlsalloverme

If you've been around the boards for any amount of time, you'll know that I'm a pretty humble fella and never initiate any "challenges." However, if you are willing to race for pinkslips. (the title to your car vs. my bike +10K cash), I'll pack my shit up and head out to San Diego to race you!
As a matter of fact, I'll even give you a 3 second head start!! :fact

·
Wanta c if I got the minerals?
1,226 Posts
This summer I purchased(signed away my life) a silver Z06.

Now it is said that this car can push 1G lateral excelleration and a 0-6mph in under four secs. Now I can not get this type of excelleration out of this car (it comes with its own indash stop clock). Now I brought a friend out to one of the track days to show what they were all about and after the day was done there was a local bike mag guy with a camcorder hanging around. So a bright idea was to get some footage of car verses bike. A friend on a 02 954 was first to pipe up so out we went . Started with roll ons and from dead starts and I will tell you this,NEVER at anypoint did I ever stand a chance of taking him. Now there was a little bit of a crowd on the side of the road who got a good show but that was that. Now I have raced him on my R1( we have about the same riding ability, around 3-4 years on the street) and there has been wins for both of us. Sometimes he takes me, sometime I take him.

Anyway, the corvette has 405hp stock. I had a lot of people try and race all the time and I hadn't lost too anything with four wheels.

I never raced a viper, but even if it was at 565hp or more it would never smoke my bike.

I hate when people talk that shit. Why don't they just give respect where respect is deserved.

I hate suzuki but I still respect the gixxer 1 cause he's a little faster than me.

Thats my 10cents.

·
I one
473 Posts
KneeDragger77 said:
lets just clarify that there are cars out there that can OWN bikes. And they dont have to be million dollar ones either. Bikes are fast, but have their limitations. For example:

Autobahn in germany:-----> Friend riding a 750 maxed out. Glances in rear view and sees little blue lights on his ass. He pulls to the side and a big unmarked BMW pulls by like it aint no thang. I really wish some guys from Europe would chime in here. I lived there 5 years, and had a bike there too. You may get the jump but on the autobahn you will get your ass handed to you by a multitude of high performance machines, yes that includes Busa's and G1ks... A 1/4 mile is only the beginning of the race :D

I live in Switzerland but only about 30 mins from the autobahns in Germany - not much will keep up under full acceleration on my R1 , but sitting there at 170mph for anything over 30 seconds isnt comfortable in my book. There have been plenty of cars that would have caught me up and over took even if I didnt slow down.

when cruising around the 100-110mph mark many cars have passed at serious speeds - 170-190mph and these drivers are happy to sit there all day . The Germans love there cars and pump a lot of money into them , but they do like to keep the looks fairly standard. I never assume that the car I am up against is standard.

As for Viper racing - never had the chance , but if I did and the 'race' started at over 120mph I would probably let it go - respect where respect is due.

·
Registered
114 Posts
yeah... i would agree that cars can go pretty fast and will most likely beat our r1's in a long race... but we all know that you'ld have to pour tons of $$$ into a car for it to beat and r1 off the line and in the 1/4 mile.

Also, what good is 500hp when you're sitting in morning traffic?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts