Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Never had a lucky nothin
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my R1 from a dude who said he had dropped it at about 25 mph. The plastics where kinda messed up but not too bad. Vortex frame sliders seem to do their job pretty well. I was fortunate enough to find a replacement puck on ebay for just $3! I took these pics as i swapped it out. I had already pulled out a piece of the puck with some tools so i could get to the hex in the middle. Shoulda took pics beforehand i know, my bad. Not sure how much the guy originally paid, but $3 for replacement pucks is worth it for me.

Attachments

·
Never had a lucky nothin
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
O and im looking for extended versions of these. Does anybody know if Vortex makes extended sliders that would fit these bases?

·
I hate Iraq
2,488 Posts
Frame sliders are more for tipping your bike over than anything... A lot of times they do more damage than good during an actual wreck... if you want something to hold up in a crash look into getting race rails, they are ugly, but they work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Frame sliders are more for tipping your bike over than anything... A lot of times they do more damage than good during an actual wreck... if you want something to hold up in a crash look into getting race rails, they are ugly, but they work.
Really? What I've found out over the past years is exactly the OPPOSITE of what you just said.

Race Railz- for stunters(tip overs)
No Cut sliders- only good for tip overs
Cut sliders- most protection for your bike in a crash

I've seen many bikes with Race Rails start flipping and doing crazy acrobatic stunts in mid air because the "railz" catch on something on the ground and then the rest is history.

Just my 2 cents

1 - 5 of 5 Posts