Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I got just my 05 R1 not too long ago. The brake and clutch pedals are too high for my liking. When down shifting I can't move my toes from below the pedal to the top without having to bring my entire foot back, over and then down on top.

I ordered the Vortex adjustable rearset from Revzilla and they don't fit. First, the bracket that was supposed to be mounted on the brake side was shrink wrapped with the the clutch side components and vice versa.

Then the mounting holes will not line up on the rear brake side (that was the first side I was doing, so I went no farther).. I switched brakets and flipped them over and that didn't help at all.

They are the version 1s. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Pays for everything. EVERTHING
1,943 Posts
Sounds like maybe you got one for the wrong year or wrong type of bike just by your description... Got any pics? Vortex rearsets went together pretty easily.

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
version 1's and you just ordered them? Problem is that there are no more replacement parts for those and they haven't been available for years.

As others said, it sounds like you got the wrong rearsets. What is the part number on the box?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
R1Buttercup
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing