Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

What pipes are you gonna run on your 04??

• stock

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Akrapovic

Votes: 21 11.9%
  • Arata

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Blue Flame

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Graves

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • GYT-R

Votes: 29 16.5%
  • Micron

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Ti-Force

Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Two brothers

Votes: 19 10.8%
  • Yoshimira

Votes: 14 8.0%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· No, you can't ride it
606 Posts
GRAVES!:thumbup

Attachments

· Registered
554 Posts
Yeah Graves for me too. If Team Yamaha runs it on their Super Stock class then it's got to be good enough for me.

· we meat again
18,556 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Wow, that GYT-R is the sound I'm looking for... Beefy. I was thinking of Ti-Force, but now... hmmm... I don't know. Maybe GYT-R???

· SpidermanSS killer.
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
zee said:
Wow, that GYT-R is the sound I'm looking for... Beefy. I was thinking of Ti-Force, but now... hmmm... I don't know. Maybe GYT-R???
according to yamaha the GYTR is basically a carbon fiber graves pipe.... the tech (not just a guy from the dealership) told me personally that the pipes are and have always been a reproduction of the graves stuff with cheaper materials...carbon isnt that much cheaper but its still more affordable than titanium. The baffels are said to me almost identical to the graves slipons.

· SpidermanSS killer.
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
R1LOVER said:
I have a Micron amd love it..

I heard Graves is making a new rear tail piece that is a foot longer to cover up there long a$$ pipes......:lol :lol :lol
not funny not funny:butt

they serve their purpose....;)

· SpidermanSS killer.
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
R1NyC said:
how come no one have a sound clip of the graves exhaust?
I posted one but I had a shotty mic for the recording and everyone said it sounded stock. It is far from stock and my clip didnt do it any justice so I took it down.

· Silver Surfer
795 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
according to yamaha the GYTR is basically a carbon fiber graves pipe.... the tech (not just a guy from the dealership) told me personally that the pipes are and have always been a reproduction of the graves stuff with cheaper materials...carbon isnt that much cheaper but its still more affordable than titanium. The baffels are said to me almost identical to the graves slipons.
That's strange because there is ha big difference in the length in the exhaust canisters between Graves and GYT. Graves are one of the longest and GYT looks to be among the shortest.

· Taming the Beast.
507 Posts
Hey Guys,
I should be getting my Micron Serpent system in a couple of days.
How loud is the Micron?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.