Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I correct that now along with more Mods than I want to list. I am waiting To compliment the Cat back Akropovic GP exhaust on my 2020 R1. That the PCV controls the lower 4 fuel injectors? If I want to control all 8 fuel injectors I need the piggy back PCV with Secondary fuel setup? How does Power commander system compare to the Bazzaz system that goes opposite controls top 4 injectors and with the other $300 it controls all 8 ? I’m waiting and Bazzaz is available PWC is not. Any advice or experience ? My plan is when I decide and take to shop want to install Ceramic Engine / Tranny and water pump is real kit 2 input shaft 2 output shaft 1 on Water pump. They claim adds 2-4 percent more power more important takes stress off engine. I would like to hear from others who have used ceramic engine and Wheel bearings? Thank you

·
kickin' at the darkness
10,260 Posts
you wont need the 2ndary fuel controller unless you're heavily modifying your R1 engine..

think, turbo application.

:fact

having said that. just stick with a PCV, its solid.

·
Registered
2016 R1 FTECU, Graves full exhaust.......
37 Posts
The bike I purchased used came with ceramic wheel bearings. Honestly the bike feels lighter rolling it around the garage compared to my bmw, but that could be a number of things contributing to it. The rk520 chain, weight reduction, different bike than I'm use to. I cant say for certain I feel a dramatic difference when spinning the front wheel in the air compared to the s1000rr. Plus the bmw's are notorious for having draggy calipers.
I'm sure ceramic bearings won't hurt, i just don't think you get that much bang for your buck to be honest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts