Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Horsepower whisperer
2003 Yamaha YZF-R1
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna see what you guys have come up with for track numbers across the nose.
I like the fact that I can get them across the nose on the newer R1s.
Looking for ideas before I order from drippin wet.

Feel free to post your track bodywork as well. But I'll be running my stock plastics.

I'm done with my boring plain block letters across the windscreen.

Wheel Tire Helmet Automotive tire Vehicle

Registered
Hey Torchsport...Did you get a 2015+ R1 recently or have you had it a while and just not posted much about it? If so it makes sense that you're using it on the track since it was basically built for that. I know you love the 02-03 vintage R1's as I do, and would like to hear your thoughts comparing and contrasting the two--for street or track.

Horsepower whisperer
2003 Yamaha YZF-R1
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Torchsport...Did you get a 2015+ R1 recently or have you had it a while and just not posted much about it? If so it makes sense that you're using it on the track since it was basically built for that. I know you love the 02-03 vintage R1's as I do, and would like to hear your thoughts comparing and contrasting the two--for street or track.
Ordered. 馃檪
Looking to get a full graphic with numbers to cover the yellow plate.

Tire Wheel Helmet Sports equipment Sports gear

Reactions: chrisr1gray2016

Registered
Lucky Bloody You!!! I'm a fan of the color scheme too, and I kind of dig the yellow plate look, but would be too worried about chucking it on track, but anyway good for you....Enjoy!

Horsepower whisperer
2003 Yamaha YZF-R1
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lucky Bloody You!!! I'm a fan of the color scheme too, and I kind of dig the yellow plate look, but would be too worried about chucking it on track, but anyway good for you....Enjoy!
It's a shame to NOT run bikes like these on the track. 馃榿
I've done hundreds of track laps on a brand new Daytona 675R as well as a brand new S1000RR. So I try not to let it make me nervous...

I don't really hate the yellow plate, but I'll need a bigger one like Gearheaded has to fit my three digit numbers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts