Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Administrator
27,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently there has been a huge increase in scamming bastards attempting to steal your money!!!

Please be on the lookout for anyone who has zero or very low post counts and sends out his email address. Biggest common scam tactic is to tell you to use money gram or western union for payment, giving some bullshit reason why he can't use paypal.

If you get a PM from someone who fits this description... DO NOT SEND HIM YOUR MONEY! PM me and I will ban their account on the spot. :fact

Kevap :epimp
Marketplace Moderator

· Administrator
27,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I have banned 6 accounts in the last 2 weeks for this exact scenario.

It is up to YOU to let myself know or another moderator know about someone who is attempting to scam you!

If you have any doubts... DO NOT SEND YOUR MONEY!!!

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Good job Kevap! Way to get on top of these scummy bastards

· Administrator
27,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Again... I'm looking for the NEW members who just signed up, attempting to sell to other members who post up want to buy threads and want to use money gram or western union as their way of receiving payment.

This is a serious thread... as many members have already been scammed. If you want to make jokes go do it in off-topic! :2bitchsla

· WERA? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ #21
2,626 Posts
Ok mister IT. :)
Hey man, you brought up MAC and IP spoofing (old school methods :crash)

IP's can be dynamic and MAC's can be generated from pre-assigned pools (Cisco UCSM or VMware behind a L2 switch...) I just made you think a little more that's all :33:

· Administrator
27,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Banned another scammer thanks to Kyoto_Kinniku for letting me know. :fact

Screen name was yetuw. :banned:

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Thanks for keepin us as safe as possible when making transactions Kev! Trust and successful transactions are huge in forum marketplaces.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.