Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I banned a scammer who was trying to defraud one of our members. The member was smart, smelled a rat and PM me his screen name. I sent an email to the scammer pretending to be the member. He replied that his paypal account was hacked and had to shut it down. He also stated he would like to receive payment via money gram. As soon as I saw this I banned his account here. USERNAME WAS: km0pop. If you have been contacted by this member do not, I repeat DO NOT send him any money.

Recently there has been a huge increase in scamming bastards attempting to steal your money!!!

Please be on the lookout for anyone who has zero or very low post counts and sends out his email address. Biggest common scam tactic is to tell you to use money gram for payment, giving some bullshit reason why he can't use paypal.

If you get a PM from someone who fits this description... DO NOT SEND HIM YOUR MONEY! PM me and I will ban their account on the spot. :fact

Kevap :epimp
Forum Super Moderator

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,425 Posts
Good looking out brother!

·
Super Moderator
24,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! But understand that it was the member who brought this to my attention. Without him this scammer would still be here. :fact

·
Super Moderator
24,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump... be on the lookout guys. If you're getting PMs from a new member and this newbie has exactly what you are looking for. Don't believe it and PM me their screen name.

·
Super Moderator
24,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here we go again.... a little different this time. New members are sending private messages stating they know a guy that has the part you're looking for and gives you an email address. THIS IS A SCAM! AllyCurtis773 & Zini77 were the last 2 to be banned. Their IP addresses track back to Nigeria, Africa.

IF YOU SEE THIS TYPE OF ACTIVITY PLEASE MESSAGE ME HIS USERNAME SO I CAN BAN HIS ACCOUNT!!!

·
Registered
2016 YZF R1
347 Posts
Kevap - thank you. Nobody deserves to be scammed! I lost over 500 bucks in my younger days and learned the hard way. I did pay with paypal but the scammer was smart and had me waiting. The time passed and I couldn’t claim it so I got canned... some scammers are very clever but most are not so always triple check before sending your funds. Ask to verify the account on various platforms , etc. thanks

·
Super Moderator
24,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Zibilich just contacted me with another scammer! Despe was his username. He is now banned! Thanks Z! (y)

Scammers IP address tracks back to Lagos, Nigeria.

·
Super Moderator
24,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just banned another scammer thanks for ABDULLA022.... name was carrock and he is now banned. Keep em coming guys.
IP address comes back from Lagos, Nigeria just like the last one. Probably the same guy. Keep a lookout for new members who send you an email address for a person who has the exact part you are looking for.

·
Registered
2016 YZF R1
347 Posts
Super strange. I sold one part to this member and the deal went smooth. The guy got his package no problem and we messaged via text using iMessage for days - I am confused. PayPal didn’t register any fraud, and I received the funds without any issues.

will keep on the lookout

thanks Kevap!

·
Super Moderator
24,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Probably was trying to build some trust with the forum before trying to scam us.

·
Super Moderator
24,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks DarkHorse (y)

We have another scammer banned.... Andrew2469 posted up that "he knew a guy"... dead give away for our latest scammers.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts