Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks to ZdaMan (y)

We banned another scammer!!! sophia charlotte was the name and is now banned!

Continue to be on the lookout... new members with zero or very low post count with bad English trying to send someone's email addy for you to contact.

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
And another scammer gets banned thanks to Gearheaded!!! (y)

mg217 was the name and is now banned. Once again, he just signed up 3 hours ago and sent a private message to Gearheaded stating his friend had the parts he was looking for and to email his friend. Keep looking for these morons and send me their names so I can ban them!!!

·
Registered
2016 YZF R1
393 Posts
Hey Kevap

Please look into this member for us

Just got a message in my email from him

“ I can help you out with a lead. Please contact Anthony on [email protected] regarding your request. He is located in Texas, and the last time I talked to him, he had 15-19 R1 Aftermarket 3/4 Exhaust for sale. I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition.”

I am not sure if this is true info or not but smells like big o SHIxxxxx to me! And with the recent scam outbreak activity, I want to be on the lookout for other fellow riders.

thanks much

·
Venom X/O
25,673 Posts
Hey Kevap

Please look into this member for us

Just got a message in my email from him

“ I can help you out with a lead. Please contact Anthony on [email protected] regarding your request. He is located in Texas, and the last time I talked to him, he had 15-19 R1 Aftermarket 3/4 Exhaust for sale. I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition.”

I am not sure if this is true info or not but smells like big o SHIxxxxx to me! And with the recent scam outbreak activity, I want to be on the lookout for other fellow riders.

thanks much
Same guy I got

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Continue to be on the lookout for scammers!

Reactions: jeosbor1

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Once again, we have banned another scammer. smikky05 was his name and thanks to D_Brasco he is gone! (y)

Again everyone please be on the lookup for new members stating they have a friend that has the exact parts you are looking for... and gives you an email addy.

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
And another one gone, and another one gone, another one bites the dust!!!

Thanks to 13MAX another scammer has been banned. Keep looking out for each other here on the forum!!!

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks to ZdaMan another scammer with the screen name jp6270612 has been banned. (y) (y)

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hey thanks to both of you... hard to tell who legit.
Actually it is pretty easy. Just look at the date they joined and their post count. If you see someone who has been here 6 months and has 100 posts... you can feel confident buying from them. Even more so if they've been here for years and has 1000's of posts. Like me for example. :p

·
Registered
32 Posts
Actually it is pretty easy. Just look at the date they joined and their post count. If you see someone who has been here 6 months and has 100 posts... you can feel confident buying from them. Even more so if they've been here for years and has 1000's of posts. Like me for example. :p
Thank you! I am new to all of this.. quite the learning curve

·
Look Ma 1 Hand!
77 Posts
The post count thing kinda makes sense however there are of course exceptions. I joined this Forum back in 2006 and only have about thirty posts.

I read more than I post.

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
You're good due to your join date.... it's the combo of zero/low post count and join date to look for.

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
2 more scammers banned thanks to Mitch.hrdlicka (y)

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Another scammer gabrielataylor56 banned thanks to chrisborrne. (y)

Keep em coming guys... they sign up and I ban them thanks to you and you only! So great job to everyone!

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I've banned a few more... one even PMed me and said his friend has the parts I'm looking for and here's his email. But get this.... I don't have a WTB thread? I replied to someone in the wtb section though, so I'm assuming that's where he got my name from. I think I'll go make a WTB thread just for scammers to PM me. LOL

Reactions: DSM908

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've banned a few more... one even PMed me and said his friend has the parts I'm looking for and here's his email. But get this.... I don't have a WTB thread? I replied to someone in the wtb section though, so I'm assuming that's where he got my name from. I think I'll go make a WTB thread just for scammers to PM me. LOL
Thanks for looking out for us! And also those who’ve reported these! It sure gets old always having to look out for this crap. But I guess it’s just the way of the world. 😢

21 - 40 of 76 Posts