Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Watch out for these damn scammers! I ban them and they sign up again... it's a never ending cycle.

Reactions: greg328

·
Registered
4 Posts
I received the following info 1 hour apart regarding my WTB via email:
Hi you can contact Scott he a for sale if you are still interested scottalfred825 at gmail.com

The email is from scottalfred825. I dont believe this is legit as there's no reply to my posting or PM.

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
You would be correct... that is a scammer. What is the name of the member who sent you that? That's who I can ban. I can't do anything about the email address.

·
Horsepower whisperer
2022 Yamaha YZF-R1 60th WGP Anniversary Edition
1,624 Posts
Keep up the good work Kevap. 👌

Reactions: Loose

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
The email stated scottalfred825 started a conversation.
I just searched for that name. scottafred825 is NOT a member of the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's interesting, they spent time making it look like it came from the forum. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Is it possible to lock posting and/or messaging until the member meets certain requirements on this forum? For example, a couple other forums I’m a member of (I think audizine and Audi-forum) lock you out of posting anywhere and I think messaging anyone until you post in the new member introduction. Then you have to post so much before you can post in the classifieds. I don’t remember the exact rules, they’re a real PITA and vary slightly forum to forum, but I think they’re effective. I’ve received quite a few of these but deleted it after I looked at post count and membership time before I realized you had this post here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
The R6-forum had a rule where new members had to have 10 posts. It just made every new member post all over the forum.... post 1. Post 2, p3.... etc etc. It was a nightmare. I like the idea of having to post in the new member introduction section first though and I will relay this to the administration.

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Please read this thread if you have open WTB threads. Scammers continue to sign up. I do my best to ban them as soon as possible.

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Thanks for this info, you know I have been contacted by the scammers twice already
Post their usernames here and/or send me a message with the usernames.

·
OUR12!
95 Posts
I had several last month when I was looking for Pitbull tire wedge. No profile pick, always had a friend with one for sale that I needed to reach out to via an email, only 1 post on the forum, member for minutes, and odd/bad grammar. I reacted to the first one before my spidey sense went off... and when I told him I was no longer interested he wanted to know why.... I reached out the admins. We should start telling them we are in a biker gang that is roaming and we would like to pick up in person :) with cash, and by cash I mean a baseball bat.

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Thanks Rhet, just banned him!

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Banned! (y)

They pop up every day!

41 - 60 of 76 Posts