Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Nothing to see here
30 Posts
Might want to look at new guy James shaw. Either full of crap or has a lot of parts for a lot of different year R1's he's offering people via a gmail account.

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Watch out for these damn scammers! I ban them and they sign up again... it's a never ending cycle.

Just joined up... zero posts... knows a guy and gives an email to contact. DO NOT REPLY and either report the post/message, post their name here or send it directly to me so I can ban them.

Reactions: jeosbor1

·
Registered
07 zx6r 07 r1
65 Posts
Yesterday I banned a scammer who was trying to defraud one of our members. The member was smart, smelled a rat and PM me his screen name. I sent an email to the scammer pretending to be the member. He replied that his paypal account was hacked and had to shut it down. He also stated he would like to receive payment via money gram. As soon as I saw this I banned his account here. USERNAME WAS: km0pop. If you have been contacted by this member do not, I repeat DO NOT send him any money.

Recently there has been a huge increase in scamming bastards attempting to steal your money!!!

Please be on the lookout for anyone who has zero or very low post counts and sends out his email address. Biggest common scam tactic is to tell you to use money gram for payment, giving some bullshit reason why he can't use paypal.

If you get a PM from someone who fits this description... DO NOT SEND HIM YOUR MONEY! PM me and I will ban their account on the spot. :fact

Kevap :epimp
Forum Super Moderator
Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got another one. I actually got two when I posted about needing a rear wheel. Don't know where the second account went though.

Name is julianrichard14973

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Thanks... just banned that account. I probably banned the 2nd account. When that happens you won't be able to see the scammer's info anymore.

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Please be aware of shady peeps trying to steal your hard earned cash. They will have just signed up have zero or low post count and want you to contact someone via email. This is a SCAM!!! Just be smart and don't fall for their traps. Their new thing is just posting in your WTB with Hey or Hello. If someone matching this description contacts you via PM, please PM me the username or post it in this thread.

Reactions: greg328

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Scammers have now started to create for sale threads. One said R1 Part for sale. ROFL Really you can't even give your part a name?

Reactions: greg328

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Another just put Engine in the title and said for sale in the text. Watch out for scammers they are dumber than a box of rocks. Just be sure not to be dumber than they are as that's how you get scammed.

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Watch our for scammers!

·
Nevermore
1,239 Posts
Scammer and spammers have been heavy lately.

Don't forget about the stupid "Hi" response.

·
Registered
2016 YZF R1
393 Posts
The past month or so it’s been nothing but a plague for me… they simply don’t give up… Lord have mercy on these thieves

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Please be aware of shady peeps trying to steal your hard earned cash. They will have just signed up have zero or low post count and want you to contact someone via email. This is a SCAM!!! Just be smart and don't fall for their traps. Their new thing is just posting in your WTB with Hey or Hello. If someone matching this description contacts you via PM, please PM me the username or post it in this thread.

Here is a link to send me a PM (private message) - www.r1-forum.com/conversations/add?to=Kevap

61 - 76 of 76 Posts