Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Great, it's raining again.
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let this be another warning for everyone with an 02 R1 to re-check your clip-on bolts. I've got 350 miles on my bike and I noticed last night that one of the two clip-on bolts on the right side had fallen out and the second one was loose! When I first got the bike I had visually inspected those bolts and made sure they were at least finger tight based on a warning I read in this forum. Now I will be going over every damn fastener on the bike.

Oh yeah, and just a note about the mirrors. When I first got the bike I couldn't believe how much the mirrors shook and vibrated at idle. It was like a freaking Harley. Turns out my dealer had installed the rubber gasket on the outside of the fairing under the mirrors instead of between the underside of the fairing and bracket - dumbass. Who knows what else those morons screwed up.

· My R1 ate my R6
2,536 Posts
My mirrors shake really bad too I may need to check that. Thanks.

· Sparks flyin'...
99 Posts
Whew!!!

Thanks for the headsup... I just checked my bike out, and realize that all of the turn signals, AND the license plate/rear fender thing had all fallen off!!! I was like "WTF?!?".

I'm going to go through and check everythign out really close now. Thanks for the headsup.

Scott

· Evil Inside
147 Posts
Add me to the list as well. I am getting my PCIIIr tomorrow via Fedex so I took of the seats and the hex bolt securing the gas tank to see where everything was located in case I had to call tech support. Seems like it is going to be a piece of cake to install by the way.

I looked at the right side fo the bike and just like Stealth I was missing one bolt on my clip-on (top one) and the other was so lose that I think it only took a few turns for it to come comepletly off. The left side was still all tight.

Everyone with 02's make sure to check!!!! Anyone else had this problem?!?

· R1's Rule!!!
94 Posts
Add me to the list

Yep, I rode my bike for the first long ride this weekend, and when I got about 50 miles(the bike only has 100 miles) from home, my right clip on was loose!!:mad: I looked, and both bolts were gone. I had to remove one from the left side to put in the right. The left side bolts were friggin tight though!! i am doing a complet bolt check tomorrow.

· Show Respect Ride Responsibly
18 Posts
CoolMike said:
Sorry, but i am french canadian....What are clip-on bolts ? Where are they located ??

thanks..
:hellobye Your "clip-ons" are there instead of your handlebars , for steering the bike ,and they clip on to your shocks...What are shocks ...the thing your wheels are attached to...:p

· JUST ....SHUT-UP and RIDE...!
148 Posts
you know i would hate to say i told you to check them clip-ons about a month ago when it happen to me and i posted it....:p "I TOLD YA SOOOOO !!!!!!!":lol That's it never listen...just like your mom says:thumbup .....mine was also the right side,but i lost both of them...noticed when i came down from a 2nd gear wheeliew/70 miles on the clock;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.