Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a grand down to get an awsome deal on my 04 Blue R1. For over two weeks dealer said he had two or three in transit. One was blue. Well called the shop earlier today and found out from a different sales person that a red one appeared yesterday and it was the only one. I asked when the next ones will be coming in and he said it will probably be a couple weeks:mad: because they are only shipping in small quantities. This is a small shop and I worried that if the next one that comes in isn't blue then they might not even get mine in.

I will call tomorrow and talk to my sales guy and ask what is still in transit. I mean damn it said two in transit and only one shows.

If he can't give me a straight answer I will be looking else where.

·
Mad Scientist
559 Posts
Be patient, it will come soon. I'm sure he was'nt lieing, that would'nt be very smart he just got bad info.

·
I need more money.
3,023 Posts
Yes, Give him a chance. all dealerships, all over getting some hard time from Yamaha with this 04 R1. Everybody wants one and they want to make everybody happy. you said yourself it's a small bike shop. Dont worry, It will come.

·
DOH !
3,434 Posts
Dont be patient ! Call him everyday , tell him you will buy elsewhere , worry him to death . If you dont then he will figure you will quietly wait and when your bike comes in he will sell it to the first taker and keep you on the hook waiting .

·
Registered
71 Posts
:iamwithst No doubt!! Thats what I did. My bike got in yesterday and my dealer is falling over backwards to get the bike to me. He is going to deliver it in a covered trailer to my house for Free today!!!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trust me I will be giving him a call. After him I will probably be calling nearby dealerships.

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
BKR1 said:
Dont be patient ! Call him everyday , tell him you will buy elsewhere , worry him to death . If you dont then he will figure you will quietly wait and when your bike comes in he will sell it to the first taker and keep you on the hook waiting .

:no This is a good way to piss them off. Then they will keep your deposit and tell you to take a short walk on a long pier.

Just be patient, as I have been. Here, read tis thread as it will make you feel a lot better. TRUST ME!!

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71059&highlight=missing

·
DOH !
3,434 Posts
I did read your thread Superstar and realize that you have an awesome relationship with your dealer ,thats great ! Here in Ral . they are more like a huge buisness than a friendly local dealer . I would still be calling and going there often , because alot of dealers will put your bike in the showroom and try to sell it if you dont seem worried about getting it as quickly as possible . But I wouldnt try to piss anyone off , that would not be good at all ! I would wait for the blue one if I was you !:lol

·
Registered
334 Posts
My dealer is trying the same thing.He keeps telling me ny bikes not in bc now hes selling it for more. Tomorrow Im going to get a vin number.

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
Just be patient, see what the next one will be first. Cause if you going to make things look like a big problem, sometimes it just won't help. Maybe it's really not in the control of the dealer. Anyway, just keep the deposit invoice/agreement that you have a Blue one ordered. I'm pretty sure they will get you a Blue one.

;)

·
Banned
347 Posts
Take a pill dude. The majority of bikes are slated for March and April delivery. Dealers are constantly being told different things by the Manufacturers, Yamaha in this case. Things change frequently when a new bike comes out.

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
All dealers have a blank sheet and a number of motorcycles to bring in. It almost looks like a graph. (A month-to-month graph).

The sales mgr/owner must decide when and how many units to bring in (depending on how high up the todem pole they sit, some dealers have 30 units and others 2). They can only bring in what the manufacturer is allowing. There are also "black-out" times when the dealer can't bring anything in (depends on model too).

So this is why you see motorcycles you thought were sold out in the fall and carried over until the next year.

So all this "the dealer said, or I heard this" is :bs This is the truth, let it be known.

·
Banned
1,285 Posts
my salesman is rather down to earth....he really is not into selling bikes but loves to talk about bikes with you. he will probably know what i know and thast a good thing. he even told me that even the contract says the deposit is non refundable but i can take it back for any reasons. I'm getting a good deal from him. I would still buy from him if he charge me msrp cause to me the value of customer service is very important to me.
Some dealer will tell you what they know and most are not really the truth . Again its not their fault, manufacturer will say one thing and does it different way.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I decided that I would wait till tomorrow to call. Since tomorrow is the last day of business for the month I thought I would give him untill then to call because he said it is slated for the end of the month(feb). I will talk to him and find out if my blue one still says in transit and try to figure out what this guy is doing based on how he talks to me.

Unfortunalty the dealer is 400 miles away and I can't just go walking in to the shop everyday. I have to settle for just phone calls untill it comes in.

I know that I should sit patiently and wait but I don't know if he really has my bike and is selling for more. I was the first person to contact him about the R1 about a month ago. He prob didn't expect much demand being a small dearler ship and quoted me a great price.

I will keep everyone updated

·
Registered
157 Posts
What shop are you referring to? I have been looking all over the place for a red one with no luck. I found a blue one that I may pickup tomorrow.

·
Mad Scientist
559 Posts
Ok, I called twice, very near the expected time of delivery and only because I needed fair warning so that I could raise some money for the down. He told me it would be here in 3-4 days. I said fine. I did'nt hassle him or push. I actually said that if it came in late that would be better because I was having a hard time getting money. He said no prob, I can get the next one, but I wanted the first one he got. Well guess what, those guys bent over backwards to get me that bike the next day and finance what I could'nt supply, after being turned down by 3 lendors. So now I have the first Silver or any R1 in my area. That's how to do it quick. Be cool. You guys can argue about how to get your bike faster while I go ride mine!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
In hopes of not pissing the dealer off I will wait till monday to call. I work all this weekend and monday so the first possible day for me to pick it up wouldn't be till tuesday. I figure just in case (fingers crossed) he gets one in sat or mon I won't bother him till I'm actually ready to pick up.

·
wheres the aux rev limiter?
882 Posts
Ask him for a VIN # for your bike.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts