Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Screw dirtbikes! R1's RULE!
34 Posts
Yeah, no shit. It is hard to believe last saturday I did a nice and easy 100 miles around the Puget Sound area with long johns underneath my suit. Hell, we might as well trade our bikes in for Yamaha sleds!!! haha I would never give up my bike!

Tom
2005 R1 Blue:rock

·
34 Posts
Damn Washington Weather

Yeah, at least it isn't raining. I would rather have it dry and frigid so I can at least ride. Is it just me or do people do stupid things when you are out riding? Take for example, like rolling down a car window wanting me to rev it up when traffic is backed up for miles, thus pushing the engine temp higher. Or wanting me to wheelie through an intersection, when I can see a King County squad car at the other side. haha I get some stupid things. Or like a mexican guy in like a 1990 bronco wanting to race me at a light. I am just like yeah right buddy. haha :riding

·
34 Posts
Mother Nature

Be carefull out there. My buddy was riding up to my house yesterday on cold tires and gave it a handfull of throttle and had the bike go sideways on him at 70mph getting on 167. He was on a 2005 Kawasaki 6R in blue.

·
34 Posts
Crash

Oh yeah, he went down. He broke his wrist and thumb on his right arm. The bike definitely needs repair, but is very fixable believe it or not. His Vortex Sliders saved his bike big time. He rode it back to his house after the crash and drove himself to the hospital!!! He called me after he got out and was like "Dude I am going to get new gear and get a price list for everything that is messed up"!!!!! I have Vortex Sliders on my bike and I am glad to know that they really did work! I can't find any Swingarm sliders for my 2005 R1. If you see any let me know. I am going to get the Clutch slider as well from Graves. Right now his repairs are around 1100 bucks plus new gear.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts