Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Play Racquetball!!
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone selling any bike on the net with free classified listings watch out for this scam. A person will e-mail you saying they work for Volvo Cars of Canada Ltd. and wish to purchase your bike. You send pics and detailed description, and then you get an e-mail back saying that his "customer" will buy it all he needs is your address, phone number and other info. to send the check to. I did a check with the dealership in Canada that he claimed to work for, and what do you know? He does not or never has worked for Volvo Cars of Canada Ltd. For that matter this company never has dealt with motorcycles. I hope nobody in our community will fall for this scam. By the way, this is under investigation as we speak.. What an assclown!! Anyone else have a silimar experience? Just thought I would share this with you all..Thanks!:machinegu

·
Always getting faster...
1,205 Posts
What's the scam? Mailing addresses are already public information for most people.

·
Oh Damn!
475 Posts
Could be a theft ring, Find out where you live, and what your bike looks like, and its theirs....................BITCHES FU<KING THEIVES DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:machinegu :machinegu :bandit (theif):boom :boom :boom

·
Full Throttle til you see God
516 Posts
more than likely its the same crap where they actually send you a cashiers check but its fake, and for more than your asking price. You cash it, wire them the difference and then a week later your bank figures it out and comes after you for the full amount, then you really have to sell your bike to pay the bank back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts