Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Intern
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
evidence seems to show stock filters flow better than kn
:sneaky
If so, then I have not seen that evidence.
They do keep it cleaner though, but I sure did see K&N, BMC and stockers side by side. The aftermarkets did definitely have more open space, and the stocker was more tightly packed. My observations - proven by me :sneaky

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
I had the same experience with Acumen. They sent me from England at no charge a new cover plate for the display.

·
Local Pavement Ripper
1,669 Posts
That's good to hear.

·
Moderator - In Memorium
24,167 Posts
If so, then I have not seen that evidence.
They do keep it cleaner though, but I sure did see K&N, BMC and stockers side by side. The aftermarkets did definitely have more open space, and the stocker was more tightly packed. My observations - proven by me :sneaky
That's what I've heard over and over (Graves stressed it to me when I was buying all my stuff).

Bottom line for me is I don't have to buy replacements. The K&N wasn't ready when I wanted a filter, so I got a BMC. If I ever need that extra horse or two I still have a stocker that is clean :)

And yes, I've long enjoyed K&N product line and customer support. They are pretty darn good.

·
Too Old For This!
271 Posts
I had a K&N on my 96 ZX11 do the same thing. Except the gasket slipped so much it was pulling in unfiltered air. This time I just went with BMC. No problem so far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.