Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
He will always be a winner in my book. Very talented rider anyway you look at it.

·
Super Moderator
11,885 Posts
I seem to remember the races back then being more exciting than the ones today. It seemed like there were more guys up front at the end. Like it was almost a drag race to the finish line and a lot less of the one guy 5-10 seconds ahead and guaranteed to win unless he crashed. Maybe I'm wrong but it also seemed like the races were more out of control instead of just doing laps.

·
Super Moderator
11,885 Posts

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts

·
What's happenin'?
320 Posts
I remember planning the trip, driving down to Laguna in '93 with some of my buddies to hopefully see a good Rainey/Schwantz battle (even though we had heard some reports that the crash in Misano 2 weeks prior was very serious)

Of course, once we got down there, the signs were everywhere..."Get well soon Wayne", "It's always a Rainey day in Monterey"

Sadly, I never got to see my hero race in person :(

If you can get your hands on his book, read it!

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
There's a bunch of old races posted up on Youtube featuring him... there pretty sweet to watch.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.