Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i have a 2008 r1 11,000 miles. Whenever i go up the hill, it makes a ticking noise, almost as if it didn't have the power to go up the hill. Sort of like a rumbling noise but the bike goes. When i am accelerating normally on the road, the bike is perfect goes in every gear at any speed low or high. what can this me?
Also, bike makes a slight tick when you rev it really lightly. Other than that bike runs really well. Im curious.

· go go juice gonna make me win
1,068 Posts
sounds like the normal yamaha tick. google "yamaha tick" or "yamatick" or whatever and see if that sounds like your problem. i think just about all of em do it, mine does, just some people can't hear it. i always hear it if i ever ride without a helmet, but rarely do.

· go go juice gonna make me win
1,068 Posts
at that mileage, spark plugs and air filter should be fine, though u can check plugs. he better have changed the oil filter a couple times or you're on borrowed time. change that immediately. chain too, last thing u want is that jumping off cruising down the highway. careful not to overtighten it tho, that can be as bad if not worse than too loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.