Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Ride it like you stole it!!!
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 R1 is no longer... insurance comany has declared her "not economical to repair".

Rest in peace baby. :cryin

JMR

·
Road eats me
873 Posts
RIP jacks roadworthy Blue 01 R1.

U goin to revive her, and tunr her into a track bike?

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:(

Here she is before the Giannelli Slip-on and clear indicators.

Attachments

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bladeo said:
buy her back and she can live happily as a track bike.
I don't get an option to buy her back, but I have been told where she is going to auction. I will go along and see how much she goes for, but I have been told by a mate who owns a bike shop that it will probably go for around 7k which is too much for the amount of damage she sustained.

JMR

·
Cornering Enthusiast
1,747 Posts
Dude, that sucks. Sorry you have to go through this. I don't know what I would do if I lost mine.

·
skippy
325 Posts
JMR said:
I don't get an option to buy her back, but I have been told where she is going to auction. I will go along and see how much she goes for, but I have been told by a mate who owns a bike shop that it will probably go for around 7k which is too much for the amount of damage she sustained.

JMR

7K!!!!! :confused: seems a lot to me, but i wouldn't really know.

Having a mate who owns a bike shop is a good place to start with getting a new one though..... and just in time for the new model. :rock

·
Insanity Please
2,205 Posts
JMR said:
My 2000 R1 is no longer... insurance comany has declared her "not economical to repair".

Rest in peace baby. :cryin

JMR
Like the Pheonix rising from the ashes to live again, will a new R1 be born into your stable. :fire

Go on, do it, ya know it makes sense..!!!! :sneaky

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Headlight
front fairing
right mid
right lower
tail fairing
exhaust (2 week old Giannelli Ti Slip on) :cryin
Right fork leg bent
right mirror
Right front and rear indicators
front brake lever
rear peg and brake lever
tank

just off the top of my head.....

JMR

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bladeo said:
7K!!!!! :confused: seems a lot to me, but i wouldn't really know.

Having a mate who owns a bike shop is a good place to start with getting a new one though..... and just in time for the new model. :rock

Unfortunatley payout will only be about $10k, and I can't throw the additional $10k for an 04 quite at the moment.

I am looking for a clean 00-01 as we speak. Possibly even an 02 if I can find one at the right price. It's gonna be hard though... I was looking at bikes for over six months before I found mine. Without a doubt the cleanest 00-01 R1 I had ever seen. 7600kms on the clock and looked like it had never been taken of the showroom floor.

JMR

·
skippy
325 Posts
can your mate do you a little somethin somethin?

I wish you the best of luck finding a new bike. it sucks being without one.

go for the 02.....

BTW. the best part is that you're ok bro.

·
Insanity Please
2,205 Posts
Man, that sucks big time..here in Muscat in Oman, they have TWO (2) brand new 2002 R1's on the show room floor. One silver and one blue. It's a bummer when you aren't in the right country.
Omani rials..RO 3200 = Aussy dollars $12,754.84.

Not trying to wind you up, but life is fvcking cruel, when you know where people can buy brand new earlier model bikes. I think the shipping would be prohibitive, but I could be wrong. How much is an 04R1 in Oz these days, around $20,000..???

Cheers Warp

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Warp Racer said:
Man, that sucks big time..here in Muscat in Oman, trhey have TWO (2) brand new 2002 R1's on the show room floor. One silver and blue. It's a bummer when you aren't in the right country.
Omani rials..RO 3200 = Aussy dollars $12,754.84.

Not trying to wind you up, but life is fvcking cruel, when you know where peopel can buy brand new earlier model bikes. I think the shipping would be prohibitive, but I could be wrong. How much is an04R1 in, around $20,000..???

Cheers Warp
Yep about $20,000 retail price.... would probably come to nearly $22,000 with tax and rego. :scared

I was going to wait till the end of the year, when the hype has died down and buy one. Not sure what I am going to do now.

JMR

·
Insanity Please
2,205 Posts
Yep about $20,000 retail price.... would probably come to nearly $22,000 with tax and rego. Holy shvt..!!!

My 04R1 turns up in April sometime, with the first shipment of three (two all already sold sight unseen) here in Muscat.

Price is going to be around RO 4,200-4,400 = $16,740.72-17,537.90
I'm lucky in one respect, as I can transfer my rego & insurance over to the new bike. WHEN IT GETS HERE..!!!

·
Road eats me
873 Posts
You could always try n kneescrape on petrols old 2banga :)

He wont be using it for a while :(

Well knee or muffler/stand scrape anyway :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts