Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the riding season is officially over for me as of yesterday afternoon. My last ride of the season was a sunny 38 degree ride to pops condo.

I layered up pretty good with long johns & windstoppers and took her for the last blast of the season. Got out the antique Dainese black two piece & Quantum F, only parts that really got cold were my hands & neck.

On a side note, I put the Db killer back in my pipe and couldn't believe the difference in sound and it actually ran better. Don't know if it stays yet as its considerably quieter and no decel popping at all. Only thing is its so quiet at launch its kinda weird. I may pull it out to get it anodized black (less noticeable) and put it back in in the spring.

Its depressing coming home & not seeing the bike there, just an empty bikebrace :(

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
I have pretty much put mine up for the season.... Time to do an oil change, new sprocket and chain. Getting ready for Jennings.

·
I'm an Englishman in WI.
33,700 Posts
Well at least mine stays covered in the garage so if a nice day does pop up it readily available. Does look like it's pretty much over though :( especially once they start salting the roads.

·
Have you killed a cat today ?
9,925 Posts
:(

That sucks, but i gives time to do the mods.

Where I stay it's all year riding weather but I travel alot and I know the feeling of taking her for the last sprint before putting the beast on stands and covering her up for a while.

But it's damn good going home and there she stands, exactly where you left her and get her up and running a.s.a.p - then you know your home. Good wash and a good wax and voila reunited :rock

:fork Safe Riding :boobies

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
I'm done for the year as well. :( Only have upgrades over the winter to look forward too.

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Yup...mine's been sitting in my garage now for a few weeks. Figure this week sometime I'll start to get her ready for the winter. Now the tough part is to find a place in the house for her to sit for the next few months.

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
I bought a heated vest and gloves about a month ago to help with the cold mornings. I always ride all year round and these work really well. Don't need to bundle up as much anymore.

·
Thriller
3,589 Posts
That sucks dude, sorry to hear that. I do appreciate being able to ride year round here.

·
My R1 eats yours
683 Posts
:sing: florida baby you can ride all year long. it would really suck to have to put her up for a couple of months and not be able to ride the 1:jump

·
the Green Bastard
6,973 Posts
I definitely sympathize with you. I took delivery of the 1098 last Saturday, and promptly put about 250 miles on it in the two suitable days of good weather we had. Now I just look at her.... :(

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
I definitely sympathize with you. I took delivery of the 1098 last Saturday, and promptly put about 250 miles on it in the two suitable days of good weather we had. Now I just look at her.... :(
you certainly have it the worst IMO :yesnod

·
Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,313 Posts
Hey ron your not alone pal.. Imagine how I feel, brand new 2008 R1 with 60 miles on it sitting in the garage looking all sexy... And what do we got here? 30s and 40s with rain everyday. Sucks but makes you love spring and summer that much more. Winter season = modding season. Thats the only way I can enjoy my bike lol

·
My other bike is your sister
7,420 Posts
I did 100 miles yesterday, even tho it was low 30's when I went out at first. I usually try and get out thru the winter once or twice, even if its not really all that fun.

The solution? I bought a cheap enduro, DRZ400S that's a blast to ride so I'll keep it as my winter hack, while the R1 stays nice and warm for the winter.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.