Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ya,

Just purchased a 2016 R1M. Only two in the country at the moment, so I thought I had better whack the deposit. Same dealer as I purchased my 2000 R1 new from (which I still have).

Quick question - I have paid extra for the full Akrapovic Evolution from the Yamaha catalogue. The dealer has already fitted one of these to another R1M with no fitment problems. He is going to reflash the ECU to suit with the official Yamaha flash for this exhaust. Has anyone else tried this map as opposed to FTune?

cheers

Simon

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I have not got 1st hand knowledge about this for the current model but I would imagine the factory tune would still be fairly safe and conservative. The advantage of course of an aftermarket tune is you can have it custom for your bike and also change other parameters like fan activation temps etc. I'm sure the factory tune will yield a good ride but custom should always be better. Also, Ftune aren't the only show out there if you do decide to go aftermarket, do your research.

Also, Pics when you get it!! :thumbup

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Opened the box on Saturday morning, just need to unwrap, install the Akrapovic Evo and all done... I was pondering whether to go FT Tune or Woolich, but I spoke with my dyno tuner over the weekend. He has a lot of experience with Woolich, so after a 30 min call to Woolich themselves, I have a wee package containing all their goodies on the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some pics, sorry about the quality and the Hondas in the background.

The dealer fitted the Arkapovic Evolution system and it went straight on without any mods at all. Sounds awesome! Waiting for the TST fender elimator to arrive and tidy up the back.

The R1 in the background I purchased new in 2000 and in later years fitted Ohlins R/T front and rear, full Akrapovic and Marchesini. Still a great ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
how did you get on with your tune??
i used lincon from R&R in albany AK , for my F1 15 R1M. hes done a few late model R1's now knows them well, hes a clever bastard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts