Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I eat my R1
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading allot of threads in here I came to realization. I think east coast bikes get better taken care of because if wintertime. They get taken apart to get cleaned and tuned then they get new parts added on. Over here in San Diego we just ride the piss out of our bikes all year round (not to rub it in or anything). If I were a bike I would definitely want to live on the east coast.

·
Hooligan
195 Posts
Mine is pampered in the winter because that's all there is to do. You can't ride it. Several coats of wax. Tune up. Etc. Its also a great time to customize it.

They do get taken care of here if you have a garage. I have friends in apartments who leave them out all winter.

·
Registered
777 Posts
smoke eater is right about garages. If you don't have a place inside to store your bike over the winter it would probably be better in the west!

Working on the bike over the winter is the only wa to keep your sanity.

They do have ice racing for motorbikes......HMMMMM

:bs

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Yep! I believe so too! Especially I take care of mine. I thought bad for leaving it out in the cold.. so I now got it in my apartment. I've been polishing and making it ready for next season.

Those with riding weather all year round, might not be as aware as "we" are.. when it comes to having the bike tuned up and in mint condition.

My bike will be the cleanest ofm 'em all. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
leave them out all winter O no !!! the poor things O when I think of an R1 sitting out in the snow it just brings a tear to my eye. Please if any of you live near Cleveland and you need a place for your bikes tell me you can put them in my garage ( seriously) I will take care of them, they are as much art as transportation.:)

·
Hooligan
195 Posts
My friend has a Smokin' Joe Honda. It was outside under a cover last winter when it blew over.:eek: Broke the clipon, clutch lever, turnsignal and scratched the fairing. I talked him into renting a storage shed this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts