·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Narrowing my options down to two:

2020 R1M with 1,800 miles for $22,500, OTD will about $23,950

or

New Blue 22MY for 21,900 w 4 year warranty

Any thoughts in the pricing of the R1M. I know the new price is not the best.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
except for the carbon and the Öhlins they are the same. no major updates for 22. the new bike with warranty is nice and probably a good idea. the öhlins are nice but they aren't as good as anything you would buy direct from Öhlins so if you plan on tracking the bike at all then you will end up changing them and these are of no benefit to you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
except for the carbon and the Öhlins they are the same. no major updates for 22. the new bike with warranty is nice and probably a good idea. the öhlins are nice but they aren't as good as anything you would buy direct from Öhlins so if you plan on tracking the bike at all then you will end up changing them and these are of no benefit to you.
Yea, I’m mostly street, with a track day for fun once or twice a year. It’s just a bad time to buy, The R1M is an obtainable stretch.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
look up pricing on replacing any of the carbon on the M before you make the decision lol. if you scratch anything that isn't covered by insurance its pricey. someone scratched my front fender on mine $2100

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
look up pricing on replacing any of the carbon on the M before you make the decision lol. if you scratch anything that isn't covered by insurance its pricey. someone scratched my front fender on mine $2100
Very True. My girlfriends kid dropped my 1299 while moving it. That was $900. I’m sure carbon would have been triple that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never bought a used bike.... you just don't know what the owner has done to the bike. So I'd go 2022 without a doubt.
100% agree. Every cycle I’ve had has been new, until I bought the 1299. I bought that used with 1200 miles, and because it was still within the factory warranty period, I bought an extended warranty. I’ve never used that warranty, but it did give me peice of mind buying a used cycle with 1200 miles.

I am concerned about a 1,800 mile cycle with no warranty. It also depends on the owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts