Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Stiffler Time Baby!
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many topics here about Rossi possibly going to Yamaha and of course we are excited about that. If Rossi can't win a championship on a Yamaha, we'll know where to lay the blame.

But what about Nicky? Of course to be the best he has to beat the best, but he is learning fast and appears to be the fastest American.

I for one would like to see Nicky as the world champ no matter what bike he's on. Any fellow Americans here feel the same way?

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Stiffler said:
I for one would like to see Nicky as the world champ no matter what bike he's on. Any fellow Americans here feel the same way?

Hell yea!!! He's really come around lately. He and Bayliss are neck and neck for rookie of the year. It's been great seeing him in the front pack with the big boys the last few races.

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
In Bayliss' rookie year he has already broken a record.

Fastest speed ever recorded in Moto GP. 205mph I think. WOW!!!

·
My R1 biatch slaps me...
25 Posts
Personally, I'd like to see those guys do really well, but I still like Rossi. That guy has a chance to be the king for a long time... He's only 24, and he's already a three time champ in GP... But then again if he moves over to Yamaha he'll really have to be the best to keep on winning. Honda's 211RCV is the best thing rolling in GP right now... Unless Yamaha really steps up then Nick Hayden will be doing winner burnouts after races next year... :bow

·
New and Improved Forum Bitch
4,534 Posts
being from TX, I am a huge Edwards fan
i think Honda should make it up to him and slide him onto a team
he is sure struggling this year, mostly bike issues
i think Edwards on a Honda would result in another American on the top ten at least, top 5?
but yeah, Hayden is getting better
next year will be interesting

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
Nicky seems to be improving each race. Next year will be very
interesting if Rossi comes to Yamaha. I'm sure we'll see Nicky
on the podium real soon. I'd like to see Edwards move over to
Honda.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm a huge Nicky Hayden fan!! I don't really care what kind of bike he rides, I just like seeing hime win... or come close like he has a few times this year.

Be safe...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Remember Nicky wasn't familiar with the GP tracks. Plus he was on a new bike. Not just any new bike, but the best GP bike. He's young and will learn and adapt quickly. IMO he could be a title contender.

·
Dis Microphone Explodes
3,064 Posts
i don't know what it is, and flame me all you want, but i just don't like nicky hayden. he pisses me off :lol...

i'm a rossi and edwards fan. i love seeing rossi kick everyone else's ass out on the track. the guy is so good and i respect his god-like racing talents :D

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
The only reason Nicky pisses me off is because he hasn't won a race yet..j/k Nicky has progressed steadily all season long and has recently made it to the front (close) the last 3 races. CE deffinately needs to abort the Priller and mount a Honda or Yammi, hell even a Duc.

BD

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
evilR1 said:
being from TX, I am a huge Edwards fan
i think Honda should make it up to him and slide him onto a team
he is sure struggling this year, mostly bike issues
i think Edwards on a Honda would result in another American on the top ten at least, top 5?
but yeah, Hayden is getting better
next year will be interesting
:iamwithst :yesnod :yesnod

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
I think Hayden will definitely make the podium a few times next year, but I still think a championship is a ways off. I think Edwards is the fasted American, but stuck with a crappy bike for now. I'd personally like to see what he can do on the Honda. Anyway, I'm a big Hayden and Edwards fan, so I wish them the best....

- BA

1 - 19 of 19 Posts