Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Polish that Krome!!!!
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about selling my 03 R1 with 2500 miles...... these are a list of my extras what do you think i should charge?

2000 miles (original owner)
Black with Red Flame limited edition
Custom Character of a King Cobra Snake on windscreen
Custom R1 chain guard
Rear tail light integrator kit
Gregg's custom flush mount LED front turn signals
Custom black with red flame seat covers
Carbon fiber R1 triple tree cover
Black seat cowl
Frame sliders
Black and red micron high mount exhaust
Second set of rims with the lips polished
Factory toolkit
Clean title

·
No soup for you!
2,854 Posts

·
Hold my beer, Watch this!!
229 Posts
7k seems fair. My insurance gave me 7k for mine in march. and my friend sold his in July for 6500 in perfect condition. You may get lucky selling to a noob for a couple hundred more.

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
Other than the flame paint job there were no LE's in 2003. It was $100 more for the flames compared to the liquid sliver and blue/white.

·
No soup for you!
2,854 Posts
I picked up my 2003 blue/white with 7500 miles for 6,500

·
No soup for you!
2,854 Posts
faizkj said:
I picked up my 2004 silver with 6000 miles for $6,500

Dayum!!! thats a steal

·
Custom User Title
1,438 Posts
I picked up my 2003 Liquid Silver R1 in July for $8000. You may think I got hosed on it, but here's the kicker.........the bike had 32.4 miles on it when it got to my door. The guy bought it new as dealer holdover this past February but failed to ask his wife if he could have it. So, after a couple months of hell (as he described it), he decided to ebay it. I found it, worked all the details, and now that biatch is in my garage.

·
brian (bam)
1,494 Posts
Michael_D said:
I picked up my 2003 Liquid Silver R1 in July for $8000. You may think I got hosed on it, but here's the kicker.........the bike had 32.4 miles on it when it got to my door. The guy bought it new as dealer holdover this past February but failed to ask his wife if he could have it. So, after a couple months of hell (as he described it), he decided to ebay it. I found it, worked all the details, and now that biatch is in my garage.
thats still too much,ya should pay that for a leftover 04..
new design in all....:confused:

·
Custom User Title
1,438 Posts
I didn't want the new design though. The 03 R1 has the lower end torque that makes it great on the street and I can use my R6 as my track slut. Besides, I don't like the underseat exhaust on the new R1. It's just my preference. The 03 is what I wanted and I bought basically a brand new liter bike for 8k.

·
Hold my beer, Watch this!!
229 Posts
:iamwithst I totally agree. I had a chance for an 04+ and had ridden several of them but the 02/03 are so much more fun on the streets so I bought another one. I have ridden all the 1 liters from 01 up(except zx10) and IMO I would stick with the 02/03.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts