Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thread topic..

I'm wondering how good the D207's are... heard they have good grip. But will they last longer than a week? :confused:

·
R6-R6-R6-R6-R6
38 Posts
I've tried the 207s (street compound) and liked them. Nothing to really rave about. I've heard good things about the BT010 as well. Maybe worth trying?

I've never liked Michelins, just my opinion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So far I've used the Azzaro 35/ 36, 207's and the BT010. IMO..the Bridgestones are the way to go. The feel is better, the grip is superb and they seem to last forever. The Azzaro's are nice too, but only on my CBR. The R1 seems to break them free of the pavement more than I'd like. And I have absolutely nothing good to say about Dunlop. I thought the grip was too inconsistant, but you know how it goes. They advertise more than the rest so people will swear by them.

Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have the 207's on my bike and they work great. I guess the new Yamaha's will be coming with Mich. here in the states if I saw that picture correctly?

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
I use Pilot sports on the street and the track(same bike) I think they are great,lasted 3800 miles and 4 track days.

·
Natural born looooooser
51 Posts
I´m using the D207 and I like them....until the rain comes. Then they get very slippery. And yes, they do wear out very quickly but that the price you have to pay for a good grip.
I´ve just ordered my third set of tires for this season and now I´m gonna try the pilot sport. Everyone seems to praise them so why not give it a shot.

Kick ass!
Tobbe

·
'See you in the crosshairs'
86 Posts
I use Super Corsa SC2's in my Dymags and on track days, and BT010's in my standard wheels.
They are both excellent tyres, depends what you want to do with them and what your are REALLY capable of doing with them.
A lot of people run tyres that are way to good for them, but they like the psychological thing of having the very best.

·
Steeringdamper?? I´m strong...
123 Posts
D207

I´ve got the Dunlop 207 on for a while and it works fine if you don´t "stress" it to much, just cruise in 40 km/h straight ahead!!! . A couple of weeks ago I was on the track and after a while when the speed increased my rear tire just said goodbye, the grip wasnt´there anymore. I´ll immediately changed to Pirelli Supercorsa 180/55ZR17, and 20 min later I was back on track. What a grip!! And handling!! I can strongly recommend these tires!

The tirething is not a easy thing, it depends on your riding skill, riding technique, are you gonna use it for the track? Then you can laborate with tyrepressure, suspension-.settings, and so on......

Hope you can read my pore english.....

//Sweden-Skåne

·
Really?
208 Posts
I use a Dunlop D207 front and an Michelin Macadam 100 rear. They haven´t given me any problem so far, except for a BIG slide when I was running from the law and forgot which bike I was on. Big handful of gas, and big swinging action from the rear. I managed to stay on, though. For "normal" riding they´re fine. I wouldn´t try to break any lap records on the track with them. For road riding, I stick with longevity rather than all-out grip. I get through fuel for about 400 dollars every month, so long-life rubber does it for me.

·
Road Warrior
721 Posts
I use the 207s right to the edge, and so far I have no complaints about predictability or traction.
I just put on my second rear after 10k km; I'll stick with what I'm used to. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Canuck said:
I'll stick with what I'm used to. My 2 cents.
Yeah, that too is a huge factor. Once you get used to a certain feel of a particular brand you'l be hooked. I'm starting to get that way with my 010's. Which kinda sucks since I still want to try the Michelins. Now I'm a bit more apprehensive about changing. We'll see what happens...

·
uhm, ofcourse
79 Posts
rear: bt012ss, front m-1 :)

now, start flaming me for running different brands front and rear!!

had diablos on my kawi, it is a good tire.

·
Vodka Martini, up,3 olives...
59 Posts
Hey, I got my ass reemed once and plenty of attitudes for asking a question that was already asked ions ago, everyone was all like, ewww y donb't you search, or OMG with the reposts, so I fugred I would do a search and see what old threads has my topic of question. and go from there! Michelin Pilot Powers, 120 front 180 rear....thanks guys!!!

·
No, you can't ride it
604 Posts
I did like the Dunlop 218's that came with the bike. The thing that I've experienced with Dunlops is they hold like a mutha. But there isn't much warning when they give. Michelins that I've used hold just as good, but are more predictable and controllable if they do give. I LOVED the MEZLER RENNSPORTSD that I used for track and street. The 190/55 profile is AWESOME!!!

Right now I'm using Michelin Pilot Powers.

The whole 190 vs 180 tire thing is purely opinion. I have useed a 180 and it does turn in a bit quicker. But I didn't like the stability that was given up. So, for me, I'll stick to the 190.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts