Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finishing putting together a bike that was wrecked pretty hard. I dont know if the signals worked prior to being wrecked but the electrical controls on the left clip on were busted in the wreck. I replaced the switch with a used one and nothing on that switch works. No brights/no horn and the signals dont work either. When I plug in the switch the two arrows on the dash stay lit up. Does it look like I got a bad switch since nothing on that side works or should I look elsewhere?

·
NeeD 4 SpeeD
5,441 Posts
there are some relays in front , 2 main headlights relays , check if they're there .also check the blinkers relay (i dont remember where it is) maybe i'll be able to help later.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its been a while since I checked last, but I didnt see anything out of place up front. I will take another look this weekend to see if I can find anything. There are no blown fuses and everything from the left handlebar harness was plugged in. One thing that is odd, is that with the harness plugged in I checked all the turn signal wires with a test light and none of them did anything except the right rear. It would flash like the signal was on and it would only stop flashing if I unplugged the handle bar harness.

·
The Original One
2,290 Posts
Long shot I am afraid as I am a bit hazy as to whether change occurred in '00 or '02 but the wiring configuration of the connector & loom changed although the controls look identical.

IF it changed in '00 and you have '98-'99 controls it could be the reason for your problem.

Maybe someone who knows when the change occured could confirm what year it changed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its funny you say that because someone else told me that I need to make sure i get a year specific control.I thought I had one lined up but havent heard back yet. thanks for the replies guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.