Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I ride a zx-10.
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not quite sure how to explain it so bear with me.. At low speeds mainly first and second gear under easy acceleration, it feels kind of jerky. Let me describe jerky, it feels almost as if either the clutch slips or the fuel stops feeding for a milisecond. It happens so fast that I can't put my finger on it, but it happens repeatedly. The second I twist the throttle and accelerate hard everything is fine and its nothing. I was even tempted to say that it was bumps is the road causing it to make it feel like something was slipping.. Now I've done two things in the 500 miles that I've owned the bike. I had the sticky clutch issue, so I tipped the bike over and let them soak in oil (10w30 Yamalube), then I did an oil change with 20w50. The clutch doesnt stick anymore, could it be slipping? I also changed the front sprocket to a Vortex 16T front. Could it be change slack or tire misalignment? Chain slack when mesured with back tire on the ground is ~1.7 inches or so, havent checked it on the rear stand or with me on it yet. Can anyone think of anything else? Everything is stock, no power commander or exhaust or ignition module yet. Let me know what you think it could be.

PS - I tried the magical search button, so please refrain from the "try the search button" comments.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Dumb question.... how long did you have the bike tipped over on it's side??? Your throttle boddies and air box could have some oil in it....... worth checking....:dunno

I know when I laid down my f3 and didn't quickly pick it up it had oil in the carbs and airbox and it ran like it was hesitating...... It was a mofo to clean up.... total break down of the carbs...

·
I ride a zx-10.
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah it was only on its side for about an hour. I dont think its long enough to do any serious damage like that. The problem isnt drastic either.. Wouldnt that cause a major problem?

·
I ride a zx-10.
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm, could that be caused by too tight or too lose of a chain? I had to take push the rear wheel forward when I changed the sprocket.. I didnt mess around with the master link though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.