Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its speedo has km and mph

It has a switch to turn of the lights (so it's not US or Canadian I don't think)

The VIN starts of JYARN011

I'm trying to import it back to the states and need to figure it out. Thanks!

On a separate note this is my first 998cc bike (from a '00 zx6r) and is insanely fun, I can't imagine what the newer ones are like. I do miss the weight of the 600 though, however I hear the new ones are just as light

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
its NOT australian :fact we cant change to mph or switch the lights off.

·
The Original One
2,290 Posts
Could be UK. From doing a Google search I am not sure VIN No will give country other than Country of manufacture.

- 1st digit : represents the country in which it was made. 1 or 4 is for the U.S., 2 is for Canada, J is for Japan, K is for Korea etc.
- 2nd digit : represents the manufacturer. H is for Honda, K is for Kawasaki etc.
- 3rd digit : this position represents the vehicle type or manufacturing division which can vary by make of vehicle.
- 4th to 8th digits : these positions represent vehicle attributes such as body style and engine type (not to be confused with an engine code, every vehicle has one of those mounted on the engine).
- 9th digit : this is called a ?check digit? and it exists for security reasons. This letter or number is derived mathematically depending on the previous 8 digits. It?s used to confirm that a VIN isn?t being fabricated.
- 10th digit : The vehicle year.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In case you're still trying to work out, I hope this helps. UK bikes have on/off light switches and you can change between KPH and MPH by holding down display buttons. And they're faster than the rest!????:fact

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.