Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought bike and tearing it down when I noticed this.

What cover is this and I unscrewed the big plug in the middle where it seems to be weeping out and there is no o-ring which seems odd which would probably stop the oil seepage. Does anyone know if there is suppose to be one?

Attachments

·
Action figure sold separately
12,213 Posts
It's the oil pump cover, and yes, there is supposed to be an o ring. On the '00, it's part # 93210-32172-00 for $3.42 at Mr Cycles.

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it low speed slide on that side.

I need to replace the clutch cover as well is that hard to do looks like there is a seal on the bottom where the clutch cable goes in that has some leakage as well a bit.

Is the clutch cover hard to replace and slide on?

thanks for the help I will order an O ring.

oh yea its a 2002

·
Action figure sold separately
12,213 Posts
Looks like you're also leaking from the buttonhead bolt just in front of the plug. There is a gasket for the buttonhead bolt, part # 90430-08143-00 for $2.12 from Mr Cycles.

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No just oil and junk rolled up looks like a cut. Thanks for all the info I bought the parts tonight.

·
Registered
401 Posts
wangsta said:
Yes it low speed slide on that side.

I need to replace the clutch cover as well is that hard to do looks like there is a seal on the bottom where the clutch cable goes in that has some leakage as well a bit.

Is the clutch cover hard to replace and slide on?

thanks for the help I will order an O ring.

oh yea its a 2002
The clutch cover isn't very difficult, the hardest part is getting the actuator rod positioned properly with the actuator gear (connected to the external lever). The manual explains it I think. A little time fiddling with it and you'll see and figure it out. Otherwise not a big deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts