Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
I am craving sushi.
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are alot of gun owners in here and I was wondering what everyone has for home defense purposes? Here's what I consider the perfect home defense stuff...

1) Glock 23 with M6 light in cheapy Unkle Mikes holster mounted to back of headboard with 6 loaded hi caps placed strategically around the house....2 in bedroom, 2 in hall closet (good cover spot for someone coming down the hall) 1 in computer room, and 1 in living room for coving the kitchen.
2)Springfield Operator in the nightstand with a Surefire flashlight loaded with Ranger's and 3 extra mags next to it.
3)Moss 590 12 gauge Pump Action w/ Speed-Feed synthetic stock, Ghost Ring Sights, 9-shot capacity, 20" barrel, with a LMT flashlight mounted on it loaded alternately with slug/#1 Buck mounted in a gun rack that was made for police cars that I bought from Galls and a cartridge belt that holds 25 rounds next to it.
4)Whatever carry gun I was using that day on top of my dresser in a holster and an extra mag.
5)Cell phone to call the coroner when it's over. J/K it's to call the police before anything happens.

·
Drinking Colt 45's with Lando
6,077 Posts
I keep a smith and wesson 686, 357 hidden near my bed, and a glock 27 in my truck. bang bang bang.

·
Your flames keep me warm
775 Posts
Thats a pretty kick ass setup, but its bordering overkill. Better to be safe than sorry though. I just keep a machette under my pillow and the mossberg 500 under the bed, and the ruger in the nightstand.

·
Until it sleeps
5,432 Posts
My fists of fury!!! ;) JK no real need for home defence out here, the gun i carry most is my paintball gun to shoot the possoms and dogs eating my cats food.

Oh the shotgun is your best bet, but whats with the slug then buckshot? That shit will go through walls no problem, then can cause all kinds of damage to your property and could end up hitting innocent bystandards or family. Id go for either 8 or 6 shot if it was me.
LOL back in the day i used to keep 3 hollowpoints in my SKS and then fill the rest of the mag with FMJ's. Reasoning was for shooting the people then if i had to, shoot at the get'away car after i shot everyone inside the house

·
Not having a R1 sucks
471 Posts
<------------------------ My home protection
I dont have a gun right now, I am going to start looking for something when I scrape some $$$ together. I think I am ok on protection for the meantime though.
:p

·
I am craving sushi.
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looneybomber said:

Oh the shotgun is your best bet, but whats with the slug then buckshot? That shit will go through walls no problem, then can cause all kinds of damage to your property and could end up hitting innocent bystandards or family. Id go for either 8 or 6 shot if it was me.
I live in an apt on the 10th floor of a building with cinderblock walls all the way around the house. the only thing that is not cinderblock is the front door. I live on the end of a building so the south and east sides border a river and those are the sides I would be firing towards. My bedroom is at the north end of the apartment. The reason for the alternating of the slugs would be so if they took cover in my kitchen I would go through the wall:D. Also if they have body armor the slug will still put them down. If any of the rounds went through the cinderblock or the glass I'm 10 floors up and there are no bystanders and the river and trees are all that is out that direction.

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
Just myself.... I'd like a gun, but don't think it would be a good idea... I have a lot of parties and have been known to have a pretty bad temper when I get really drunk.... Not that I think I'd shoot someone, but no use taking any chances...

- BA

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
AK-47 next to my bed..40 round clip :)

·
all you need in life
1,911 Posts
I like to keep this under the bed when i sleep....and dont let me hear someone roaming around the house ..... all i need is 5 minutes to push it out and set it up in the front door and yell... "all the money is in here!!":boom

·
Banned
968 Posts
Guns bahahahahahaha, I just use the good old fists of fury since were not allowed to own guns in Canada :mad:. That plus a Louisville with the center drillled and filled. One good swing to the head will hurt enough for an intruder to leave around here. Plus I have one of those crazy old school RAMBO knives.

One thing I don't understand with you guys, I thought you could get sued in the states if the intruder slipped on your floor. Or hurt himself trying to break into your home. But killing him with an AK or a Glock, shotgun, 9mm is ok?

Has anybody here killed somebody for breaking into there home?

·
Broke old fat and slow!
264 Posts
Nothing special, just my .45 under my pillow!:boom :sleep

·
nothing clever...
1,226 Posts
Glock 27 (13 round clips)
Mossberg-pistol grip (loaded with 00B, magnum slugs in side saddle)

I feel like thats adequate home protection.

·
My R1 eats small pets
215 Posts
If I was going to buy a gun for home protection, I would buy a shotgun, and fill it with birdshot. Reason being, most gun battles inside a home will be very close range. With your family in the next room. Birdshot fired at a distance of 15-20 feet will seriously mess someone up, putting holes in them from head to toe. However, unlike solid slugs or buckshot, its not goin to go through your walls, making it safer for your family.

If I was going to use a pistol, it would most definatley be either a glock 23 or an HK Socom. The thing is though, I would load the first three rounds as blanks. You see someone and without hesitation, you fire off three quick rounds. Not only is he pissing his pants, but he's gonna get the hell out of there, and you don't have to kill another human being. It would also work in other situations, like if someone tried to rob you in your car or on the street. No hesitation, just three quick rounds. If the guy doesn't run, now you have justifacation to kill him, and the next round is hollow point.

·
I am craving sushi.
4,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nos said:

One thing I don't understand with you guys, I thought you could get sued in the states if the intruder slipped on your floor. Or hurt himself trying to break into your home. But killing him with an AK or a Glock, shotgun, 9mm is ok?

Has anybody here killed somebody for breaking into there home?
They can only sue you if they are alive. And you can only kill them in my state if you believe your life or someone elses is in danger. When they interview you afterwards you don't say that you were shooting to kill them, you have to make sure you say you fired your weapon until the threat of danger stopped. There is a big difference in some states if you are shooting to kill or shooting to stop the threat. That being said.....he will be dead.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts