Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Nothing cuter than ass & udder
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i read about G-Pack. With Suzukis its quite simple: It is connected to the gear position sensor and fakes a "4th gear always" condition.

http://www.nikkoracing.com/gpack_tarifyam.htm

But what about RN12? I think it is not the same? It says: "not compatible with several electronic injection map parametrizing modules wich are present on the market".

I think you can :flush: that little piece of crap, but what is it supposed to do?

· Nothing cuter than ass & udder
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the link....

In the meantime i searched other forums for this topic. A german tuner tried and dynoed g-pack for RN12. Result: Nothing under the applied measuring conditions. Overheating problems, AFR does not fit at all. Spending 210$ for this thing is waste. When you read the linked page you can see that there are easier ways to derestrict it.

Are you sure that the G-Pack doesn't do anything?? :(

I'm asking because my mechanic told me that one of his customers have de G-Pack (Don't know if it's the SP or the racing version) and he tried and says that in 3rd gear is a deamon...always making wheelies...

Can you give me another way to derestrict it??

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
61 Posts
whats the purpose of this? is it the same as a power comander?
No, it's a bit diferent.

The G-Pack only desrestrict the power in 2nd, 3rd and 6th gear, and also put the rev limiter a bit higher...besides that it also permits to see speeds above 300Kms/h (not important).

http://www.nikkoracing.com/gpack_tarifyam.htm

The power commander is more complex.

BR.

· Registered
100 Posts
its in a different language so i cant read what the site says. But im confused Why does 2nd 3rd and 6th need to redestricted in the first place? And is this something that power commander can do? If not is this something that can be added with the pc3?

· Registered
61 Posts
its in a different language so i cant read what the site says. But im confused Why does 2nd 3rd and 6th need to redestricted in the first place? And is this something that power commander can do? If not is this something that can be added with the pc3?
It's in English and French (the "different" language)....

What the site says is:

Normally (acording to the site) some bikes don't permit using "full power" in some gears...in R1 case is on 2nd between 3230-8400rpm; 3rd between 2630-8700rpm and in 6th gear between 8450-13500rpm (wich limit the top speed), and that what the G-Pack does....

If it works?? some people says YES....

· Registered
100 Posts
Really... Thats intresting... It looks like that when you are at wot and shift into those gears you are normally at a higher rpm anyways(besides 6th). But by the time i get to 6th gear im allready going fast enough anyways. I think someone needs to buy this and inform us all if it worth getting.:sneaky

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.