Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Off Topic mod
11,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my tag expires this month... I take my title to the VA DMV to get a new tag and they tell me that I should have a rebuilt title for my bike... and they wont take the salvage one :mad:
So now I either have to drive to South Carolina and get a new title or try to renew the SC tag :rant :rant

And it is just starting to get warm :cryin

·
Bollocks.
11,955 Posts
:iamwithst sorry to hear that shiat mang

·
R1-Forum
1,605 Posts
Shadow R One:
You can follow a procedure of requesting a new title in VA (legal in VA), this process will ultimately provide a new title without a rebuild and/or salvage designation allowing you to register the vehicle. Please note, ethics are essential pertaining to this matter, in the event of re-sale, disclose all history with the vehicle; note the history of previous titling will remain if a search is performed (i.e. carfax, if available for motorcycles).

Notice: This is purely provided for educational purposes and would never suggest such a process in the event an individual did not intent to disclose all details if such intent is purely resale.

In closing, VA is presently reviewing a legislative bill that will eliminate this ability, I’m unaware of the status or time frame; search for further details.

Thanks!

·
L8R2U
21,412 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of B.S.:2bitchsla

·
Registered
29 Posts
One of the few things I liked about Virgina.....if you go through their BS you can get a clean title. Well worth the time and effort. If your bike isn't "fixed nice" they re issue a new vin number or something....just a word or warning along with rivets to install it.

·
"IM BACCCCK"
5,530 Posts
shoulda stayed your arse in s.c. foo!!!
j/k bro that does sux

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Sucks man!! Good luck with working it out. Hope your back riding soon.

·
Off Topic mod
11,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
VPREATR said:
Shadow R One:
You can follow a procedure of requesting a new title in VA (legal in VA), this process will ultimately provide a new title without a rebuild and/or salvage designation allowing you to register the vehicle. Please note, ethics are essential pertaining to this matter, in the event of re-sale, disclose all history with the vehicle; note the history of previous titling will remain if a search is performed (i.e. carfax, if available for motorcycles).

Notice: This is purely provided for educational purposes and would never suggest such a process in the event an individual did not intent to disclose all details if such intent is purely resale.

In closing, VA is presently reviewing a legislative bill that will eliminate this ability, I’m unaware of the status or time frame; search for further details.

Thanks!
I am going to have to look into this :) I figure that at worse case I mahy have to take a couple of days off from work and take me a trip to the northern end of SC and apply for a rebuilt title...
Either way I got till the end of the month

·
Off Topic mod
11,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
R1Fanatic said:
Can't you take care of it by mail, or do you have to take the drive?
I dont know yet since I havent talked to them... I am going to give the DMV a call tomorrow and see

·
Off Topic mod
11,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
THen again they may want to look at the bike to ensure that it was repaired

·
Bikeless, but looking!!
685 Posts
Maybe you can get a referal of some sort from a motorcycle repair shop stating that your bike is in prestine riding condition, worthy of a rebuilt title. Like I said, I live right on the border ,so if there's anything I can do to help let me know. Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts