Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

10021 - 10040 of 10072 Posts

·
Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"
265 Posts
My first time with the rear wheel off, I installed a new DID chain and painted my rear sprocket black. Only been able to go for a short ride yet w/weather and schedule... can't wait to put her through the paces on the new chain. It already feels like a more direct power delivery.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
1,912 Posts
My pants are rising....

I found out that bracket I showed you is for a 04-06 R1 and other yamaha years possibly. I will make it fit in my R6
I got her an Italian mistress......let’s see if they get along during the winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
1,912 Posts
-Sold some stuff...lotta stuff actually.
-Put on the older Fast Frank front quick change axle. Got the last one he had in his inventory.
-Installed SBK Pirelli Slicks for track day this weekend.
-Installed Galespeed rear brake mc w/ HRC reservoir delete.
-Machinest made me some aluminum caliper spacers.
-Updated SBU mapping.
-Updated i2M Chrome with new local tracks I ride/race.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Got my Gregg’s mirror block offs installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
-Sold some stuff...lotta stuff actually.
-Put on the older Fast Frank front quick change axle. Got the last one he had in his inventory.
-Installed SBK Pirelli Slicks for track day this weekend.
-Installed Galespeed rear brake mc w/ HRC reservoir delete.
-Machinest made me some aluminum caliper spacers.
-Updated SBU mapping.
-Updated i2M Chrome with new local tracks I ride/race.

What size rotors are those to need caliper spacers that large?? Stock rotors are 320 right?? So even 330mm rotors would need 5mm spacers. Those spacers look pretty big, like over 10mm big. Perhaps the forks are not stock and were set up for smaller rotors? The calipers are in the correct place but I’m just curious on the setup.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
1,912 Posts
What size rotors are those to need caliper spacers that large?? Stock rotors are 320 right?? So even 330mm rotors would need 5mm spacers. Those spacers look pretty big, like over 10mm big. Perhaps the forks are not stock and were set up for smaller rotors? The calipers are in the correct place but I’m just curious on the setup.
Sorry for not gettin back sooner. The rotors are 330mm and yes they did require a 5mm spacer.

The curveball for this set up is when I put on the nickel Brembo calipers. Their design was different than the M4s. The bolt mount area has less height which is why i needed longer spacers.

I have a solid braking feel with no chatter with the spacers.

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
Sorry for not gettin back sooner. The rotors are 330mm and yes they did require a 5mm spacer.

The curveball for this set up is when I put on the nickel Brembo calipers. Their design was different than the M4s. The bolt mount area has less height which is why i needed longer spacers.

I have a solid braking feel with no chatter with the spacers.

I bet the braking is absolutely incredible with the 330mm rotors. Just that extra leverage alone would be noticed. Adding in brembo calipers and braided lines and good pads it’s gotta be sweet.

10021 - 10040 of 10072 Posts
About this Discussion
10.1K Replies
813 Participants
Tz750d
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing