Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

10101 - 10120 of 10134 Posts

·
What's a motorcycle?
1,113 Posts
I'll keep the project on the '16 M under wraps for a little bit longer, but in the meantime, the old '04 got a small "upgrade" in the form of "new" calipers and a fresh fluid flush...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Failed to properly install the APE manual CCT, so now that it's out of the shop with the timing corrected and new spark plugs, Sprint air filter is next and fresh oil change is coming up.

·
Venom X/O
23,340 Posts
Finally got my shed up so the garage is much much cleaner. Bike got a fast franks captive rear, fluid flush, Samco hose kit, super bike lifters, and some small odds and ends stuff.

8,268 Posts

·
Venom X/O
23,340 Posts
Looking good Gear, I need to get my shed up too, these dam lawn mowers and gardening tools!!!l
Lawn equipment has been a nightmare for me. Man what a relief getting to roll around and not run into crap.

I am going to the local shop Tuesday to pick up new slicks for a private track day mar 5, along with a keyless start loom.

Secretly I’m cleaning everything out to get the garage ready for something new, 2dr and supercharged :D

8,268 Posts
Lawn equipment has been a nightmare for me. Man what a relief getting to roll around and not run into crap.

I am going to the local shop Tuesday to pick up new slicks for a private track day mar 5, along with a keyless start loom.

Secretly I’m cleaning everything out to get the garage ready for something new, 2dr and supercharged :D
Hell yea can’t wait to see what cha getting. What track you going too? I love private days, they are the best man. So much track time and it’s super chill. And you get to stuff your buddies all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Venom X/O
23,340 Posts
Hell yea can’t wait to see what cha getting. What track you going too? I love private days, they are the best man. So much track time and it’s super chill. And you get to stuff your buddies all day long.
Jennings GP. The local shop does 4 days a year where Eric the owner privately rents for the racers to practice. I am hoping to start racing again in the fall and Jennings is one of the main tracks FMRRA runs, so I need the practice. Next is south Florida and a couple in Georgia, but my season will start the private day in March.

i love the private rentals too, it’s 20ppl max and open track. It doesn’t get any better.

Well besides that I’ll do a private day that Friday, and the following weekend I get the pleasure of working the 200 for a friend that’s racing. I’m so incredibly stoked I can’t put it into worlds.

·
I miss my R1
3,104 Posts
Just added FTECU auto-blipper to my '15 - love it. I don't think I could ever buy a bike that doesn't have one now - auto blippers are the cat's meow.
Agreed 100%, the only thing I really miss about my S1000R is the blipper... I've got some money coming in to reimburse me for some training I paid for and I'm looking into a Rapid Bike EVO and blipper for my Multistrada.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cut the Can off my Comp Werkes pipe and tigged on a different one, fabbed up an aluminum support bracket for the time being until I have time to layup a carbon bracket, sounds great, the original can was just too loud...

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
A shitload since I last posted on the forum and I´m sure I´m forgetting stuff on the list...
  • new livery
  • brembo endurance monoblocks
  • pfm narrow band rotors
  • brembo motogp 19x18 master cylinder
  • ftecu abs delete plus and coremoto abs delete lines and stahlbus bleeders
  • YART rearsets
  • Harris lifters
  • racetorx shifter support
  • ftecu race package
  • LOTS of titanium everywhere
Hi gsa, did you have to get special brake pads to suit the narrow band discs?
This one has the Pfm callipers which has the narrow pads to suit, or did them Brembo caliper take the narrower pads?

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
New exhaust, what a perfect fit and uses my old mount, it does not sound much louder really. But it is on the bench and still has little silencers in the belly pan.
May even pass the noise tests, the good thing is I can take the other can for quieter tracks.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

10101 - 10120 of 10134 Posts