Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

10201 - 10220 of 10314 Posts

·
Klaus Von Slowpoke
5,906 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought SC1-R SC project exhaust, carbon fiber tank cover, carbon fiber rear tire hugger, carbon fifber front fender, Saddlemen track LS seat, windscreen, lithium battery, lithium battery maintainer, chain adjusters, shorty levers, tank pads and new fuel cap.

8,444 Posts

·
what
04 R1
667 Posts
Put it up 4sale ??

·
Registered
Yamaha R1 2007 Blue
30 Posts
So due to lockdown i've done a lot of work on my 07 R1.

• Give the engine a full clean.
  • Replaced the rusty header studs with stainless, risky move but managed do it (heat is your friend).
  • Removed exup valve as previous owner cut the cables which turn it, and wedging it open didn't work. Made a plate to go over where the valve was.
  • Added a better headlight switch as I have angel eyes on it, so it needs a low beam button.
  • Put a gold chain and renthal sprocket set on.
Next on the list is a power commander, luimoto seat cover, new straight through exhaust system (stock one is heavy!).

·
Venom X/O
23,855 Posts
Getting ready for superstock this season, when it opens up. Tossed the yellow plates over the whites until I get my points and bump to expert, so this will do.

·
Registered
72 Posts
During this downtime (since the tracks are all closed) I decided to mount some new Pirelli slicks, mount new fairings, and number plates. A friend of mine repaired and painted my old (and crashed) fairings, and another friend designed and printed the number plates for me.

Oh, I also changed the air filter, flushed the coolant, and cleaned the chain. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
What have I done in the last week... oh boy. Rebuilt the carbs, bled brakes, flushed coolant, and about to change fuel filter and oil. It's been a huge couple month reviving a bike that hasn't been running for almost a decade. On the plus side, she runs SOOOO well now... minus the 10-12 year old tires that break free if you look at them wrong.

That, and a lot of sitting in the garage just hanging out with a bike that was neglected for way too long.

10201 - 10220 of 10314 Posts