Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

10241 - 10260 of 10287 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'll be ordering new fairings soon... what was the "approval email" all about? Did you get a custom job done?
Basically you give them the design you want then they pull the blank fairings from stock and prime paint apply vinyls and clear. Once that is done they send you pictures of the finished product and wait for your approval. Once you approve the job they ship them too you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Basically you give them the design you want then they pull the blank fairings from stock and prime paint apply vinyls and clear. Once that is done they send you pictures of the finished product and wait for your approval. Once you approve the job they ship them too you.
Ahh okay good deal. How long did it take them to get back to you, and what is the turnaround time till you actually receive the kit?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ahh okay good deal. How long did it take them to get back to you, and what is the turnaround time till you actually receive the kit?
Turn around time is 4 to 6 weeks. Right now a little longer on shipping because medical supplies take priority. They were very quick to respond. I emailed them and next day had a reply and painting took 4 to 6 days depending on design. Were completely on the ball keeping me updated as well. I also ordered a chrome windscreen and paint matched rear seat cowl as well as a stock bolt kit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Turn around time is 4 to 6 weeks. Right now a little longer on shipping because medical supplies take priority. They were very quick to respond. I emailed them and next day had a reply and painting took 4 to 6 days depending on design. Were completely on the ball keeping me updated as well. I also ordered a chrome windscreen and paint matched rear seat cowl as well as a stock bolt kit.
Sweet, thanks for the info, I'll def look into them. Not totally sure what color/theme I want to do since my tank is already blue.... if I should do blue again, or just get my tank repainted and do another color...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sweet, thanks for the info, I'll def look into them. Not totally sure what color/theme I want to do since my tank is already blue.... if I should do blue again, or just get my tank repainted and do another color...
Check out there site absfairings.com. they also offer discounts if you put their logos on your kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mounted and balanced new rubber, drilled out the woodcraft clip-ons to accept universal bar ends, new grips & anti-vibe bar ends and did a first buff attempt on the old V&H muffler. Looks pretty good for it's age. Still need to polish the end cap and touch up the pipe end yet. It has a nice mellow sound compared to the titanium Hindle slip on I have for it.

dull muffler.jpg

shiney muffler.jpg

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here are some pics of what I got going on. Here is my carbonfiber upper , where I am working on the headlight mount , going to use the same projection beam as on my fiberglass bodywork. We use to make our on tubes out of fiberglass, here is a trick I learned, use a PVC coupling of the appropriate diameter.

·
Registered
108 Posts
And here is my one piece tank cover.It gets rid of the side pieces and the separate air box cover.oh don't mind that old ass race suit in the background, I keep it as a reminder, I was forced off the road bye a pickup truck and into a barb wire fence .And on the left wrist you can see some slices from the barb wire.In the next pic I have removed the front forks , as they a scared also . So it's time to get another set of forks have them anodized red and put the k- tech internals in.I plan to put on a chin radiator because of the motor work I had done.I was going to put a race radiator but then there is no room for the fans!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Here the pic of the FZ 06 exhaust that I am going to use for the side exhaust setup. Then I will put a race subframe and fiberglass the underside of the tail section closed, with brake lights and turn signals installed of course!

·
Registered
1 Posts
And today I installed a set of braketech irons on the 06. Was able to trade a buddy for these. Have a matching rear as well from Kyle Wyman’s superstock bike but need to get an underslung setup before that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I legit made an account only to ask where you got that sleek looking chain guard LOL I love it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here are some pics of what I got going on. Here is my carbonfiber upper , where I am working on the headlight mount , going to use the same projection beam as on my fiberglass bodywork. We use to make our on tubes out of fiberglass, here is a trick I learned, use a PVC coupling of the appropriate diameter. View attachment 1012622
Damn bro, you have that thing tore down don't you? That's funny, i was thinking "that looks like 3 inch PVC Pipe." Then i read your post. Good info. The Carbon Fiber quality looks good...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Damn bro, you have that thing tore down don't you? That's funny, i was thinking "that looks like 3 inch PVC Pipe." Then i read your post. Good info. The Carbon Fiber quality looks good...
Thanks bro , along with the bars I offered you there are two pairs of light tech chain adjusters . One set red and the other I had reanodized silver the only issues with the silver ones , you can no longer see the adjustment lines but other that that they look brand new! You just need to let me know which set you want.But I can't send them till Friday 5/15/20
I got your number and I will text you about your info name address and so on, then I will send it and let you know how much it costs for me to ship it and you just reimburse me but money order only no check please.
Let me know which set you want and stay safe bro and have a great day!

10241 - 10260 of 10287 Posts