Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

10401 - 10420 of 10438 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Added an Innovv K2 dual front and rear camera system. Put the GPS unit on the tail. DVR is under the seat rear of the battery on the right side. 12v dc to 5v converter is also under the seat on the right side forward of the camera. I tapped into the 12 dc aux power plug under panel A for key ON power. Rear camera is over the license plate. Front camera is under the nose.
That looks like a lot of gear. Is there no sd card camera systems, or WiFi systems that take up less space AND perform just as well? Im curious cause i want to setup a camera monitoring system soon. Did you get this to record your track riding or for road "security"?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I use it for the road - crazy drivers here in DFW. It has a small DVR with a micro SD card with loop recording, and small converter. For Track use I would mount the front camera on one of the screws on either panels A or C, but I went with the nose purely for road use. It has a built in Wi-Fi you can use to connect to with a smartphone and using the app, pull your videos and change settings. It’s actually one of the smallest systems I have found. Although it doesn’t have GoPro quality images, you don’t have to worry about your battery dying on you.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Added an Innovv K2 dual front and rear camera system. Put the GPS unit on the tail. DVR is under the seat rear of the battery on the right side. 12v dc to 5v converter is also under the seat on the right side forward of the camera. I tapped into the 12 dc aux power plug under panel A for key ON power. Rear camera is over the license plate. Front camera is under the nose.
Did you get the 256GB. Also what was the final price on the set?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you get the 256GB. Also what was the final price on the set?
I went with a 128GB extreme temp card and set it for 1 minute looping. I started with 3 mins, but downloading video via the built in WiFi is very slow. There is also an option for 10 min recording as well. Final price on Amazon was $338.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I can actually scrape the top of my fender under very hard braking.
I am of the same thinking as Gearheaded and Darkhorse, there easily more travel in the forks than the gap you have between the fender and the bottom of the camera. It may be better that you move it as it would result in damage to the camera and the fender.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
How much does it cost to have done?
Hi Darkhorse, I done my Aprilia in 2015, I bought some 3M wrap and I found a guy that done cars and I asked him if he would considering wrapping my bike he had never done a bike he done an amazing job. It cost me £310 total and I took all the parts off the bike. I prepared mine like it was for paint, but there's no need. But you have to bear in mind that any raised writing or logos will show slightly. But it it's just to protect it, you can leave it as it is and remove the wrap to return it to original.
There are many companies over here now that do race rep or your own design.
Tbh it looks easy, but it's not but you could probably do a reasonable job after a little practice, but like everything there's definitely a skill to it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I did them lights myself before I took it on track haha. One I got perfect but there's an art how to stretch it, where to make the cuts also how much of the the heat gun to use.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I forgot say the wrap cost me £60,i think that was for 4sqm. It was 250 for labour.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am of the same thinking as Gearheaded and Darkhorse, there easily more travel in the forks than the gap you have between the fender and the bottom of the camera. It may be better that you move it as it would result in damage to the camera and the fender.

Good call....I’ll move it. Probably attached it to the screw on panel A so it sticks out on the left side (where more traffic is)...thanks.

·
Horsepower whisperer
1,457 Posts
Hooked up my wiring for the heated gear.

·
Premium Member
12,011 Posts
Hi Darkhorse, I done my Aprilia in 2015, I bought some 3M wrap and I found a guy that done cars and I asked him if he would considering wrapping my bike he had never done a bike he done an amazing job. It cost me £310 total and I took all the parts off the bike. I prepared mine like it was for paint, but there's no need. But you have to bear in mind that any raised writing or logos will show slightly. But it it's just to protect it, you can leave it as it is and remove the wrap to return it to original.
There are many companies over here now that do race rep or your own design.
Tbh it looks easy, but it's not but you could probably do a reasonable job after a little practice, but like everything there's definitely a skill to it.

That’s about how much I paid in USD to have my bike painted in a matte metallic blue paint job.

It’s a very strong single stage paint. Hot Rod Flatz.

10401 - 10420 of 10438 Posts