Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

10541 - 10560 of 10609 Posts

·
Venom X/O
24,688 Posts
Not sure what your asking, but do you mean as far as a washer ?
Scratch that, I didn’t see the part you stated of Gillies adjuster too. I thought it was a captive system I hadn’t seen yet

·
Venom X/O
24,688 Posts
Yeah I feel ya, they make some top shelf parts, but they’re costly. I’m picking up a set of rearsets next time I fly out that way🇩🇪
Their sets are nice. I have a captive rear brake bracket and I wish I would have with adjusters instead of a stock block, but the gillies adjuster can’t go with a captive bracket 😕

·
Registered
18 Posts
Share the fun stuff you did with your favorite mistress.

Last weekend, I finally got around to something that was nagging me for a while. When I went to make right hand turns, I couldn't put my weight on the outside peg and lean as much as I wanted to. Turns out the peg knurls were all gone from over 8 years of riding. :scared

I moved around the worn out pegs of my Gilles rearset, swapped left for right to get the knurls to bite into my boots. Forgot what a pita they are to get access to. :mad:

Also couple bolts were seized. Bought some extractor bits but that didn't work. :rant:

I heated the frame and that wouldn't bulge. 🔥
I took a mini grinder disk to my dremel and made a big phillips head and I still couldn't torque it out. So I got my biggest screwdriver and hammer. Finally, got the top bolt to go. :chair:

The 2nd one still wouldn't bulge. Went back to the dremel and ground off most of the bolt top. Then it finally came out. A simple 10 minute job took 2 hours of cursing. :crash

Replaced all 4 bolts with stainless bolts this time. In the end, took a short ride up in the nearby hills. And all is well. :riding:
Spark plugs coolant flush grips and systematically went though her gears to reach what some call stupid fast. Lol oh yeah set throttle position on power commander . Seemed to help the map a little on top end.

·
Unacceptable
1,352 Posts
After ignoring my R1 for nearly two years ever since hooning about on the MT, I decided to give her some love in preparation for next year's trackday season (yes I know, I've been a bad owner...so sue me!) Anyway, plan on doing the following over the winter:

Race bodywork.
New battery (the original died earlier this year).
Pirelli SC's.
Brake fluid flush w/my go-to fluid, Motul RBF600.
Ecu flashed by 2WDW. They did my MT and I have no complaints. They can also unlock the fuel tables that FTEcu uses for the Graves EVR.
Auto-blipper. Eyeballing the Translogic system.
New chain & sprocket set, 520 pitch, 16t front and +2 on the rear.
I'm considering selling the SE Composites tank shroud. The rear corner jabs straight into the soft area beneath my sternum and it's extremely uncomfortable. I want to replace it with the slightly reshaped Saitaniya tank cover.
Evo clip-on bars. I prefer the flatter bar angle compared to the stockers.
Sign up for trackday providers wherever Dave Moss is so he can dial in my suspension again. (y)

If the front brakes are still iffy after Vesrah's and a good bleed, I figure that short of bypassing the ABS, these should help in the braking department:

:LOL:

·
Venom X/O
24,688 Posts
After ignoring my R1 for nearly two years ever since hooning about on the MT, I decided to give her some love in preparation for next year's trackday season (yes I know, I've been a bad owner...so sue me!) Anyway, plan on doing the following over the winter:

Race bodywork.
New battery (the original died earlier this year).
Pirelli SC's.
Brake fluid flush w/my go-to fluid, Motul RBF600.
Ecu flashed by 2WDW. They did my MT and I have no complaints. They can also unlock the fuel tables that FTEcu uses for the Graves EVR.
Auto-blipper. Eyeballing the Translogic system.
New chain & sprocket set, 520 pitch, 16t front and +2 on the rear.
I'm considering selling the SE Composites tank shroud. The rear corner jabs straight into the soft area beneath my sternum and it's extremely uncomfortable. I want to replace it with the slightly reshaped Saitaniya tank cover.
Evo clip-on bars. I prefer the flatter bar angle compared to the stockers.
Sign up for trackday providers wherever Dave Moss is so he can dial in my suspension again. (y)

View attachment 1016571

If the front brakes are still iffy after Vesrah's and a good bleed, I figure that short of bypassing the ABS, these should help in the braking department:

:LOL:

View attachment 1016573
I’d be interested in the shroud, but isn’t it useless after you use the stick tape? Like it just isn’t the same? If not.... I’m listening....

·
Registered
186 Posts
I’d be interested in the shroud, but isn’t it useless after you use the stick tape? Like it just isn’t the same? If not.... I’m listening....
Braketechs are great rotors I use them on my Aprlia and would be nice upgrade. Yes the Abs is too intrusive for track, so all good but I would consider upgrading the master clynder too. Brembo or Accasato. Hel do a conversion kit too for the lines and blanking plugs for abs pump if you decide to remove the abs lines , but you may have to use adapters as the feeds come out in different places on the aftermarket master cylnders, but not a problem, awsome rotors Braketechs, I use the ductile iron ones.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

·
Unacceptable
1,352 Posts
Braketechs are great rotors I use them on my Aprlia and would be nice upgrade. Yes the Abs is too intrusive for track, so all good but I would consider upgrading the master clynder too. Brembo or Accasato. Hel do a conversion kit too for the lines and blanking plugs for abs pump if you decide to remove the abs lines , but you may have to use adapters as the feeds come out in different places on the aftermarket master cylnders, but not a problem, awsome rotors Braketechs, I use the ductile iron ones.

Yep, those are the ductile iron rotors. BrakeTech specifies organic Ferodo pads to use with them. I bypassed the ABS pump on my MT-10 and replaced all brake lines with custom made ones from Core Moto. Let me tell you, combined with RJL's and an R1 master cylinder, that bike has all the braking I could ever need. After that mod feedback and performance put the R1 to shame. It was just a pita pulling out the stock hardlines.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yep, those are the ductile iron rotors. BrakeTech specifies organic Ferodo pads to use with them. I bypassed the ABS pump on my MT-10 and replaced all brake lines with custom made ones from Core Moto. Let me tell you, combined with RJL's and an R1 master cylinder, that bike has all the braking I could ever need. After that mod feedback and performance put the R1 to shame. It was just a pita pulling out the stock hardlines.
Hi Hooli, i couldn't get them recommended Ferodo pads at the time so I put CP1 in, they were brutal on track but needed heat on track that ain't a problem.
The thing was they were a race carbon pad and as it was for track only, and they were were brilliant. Then I got the R1 and took the Aprilia on the road, and it was a shock and I should know better,after a long time with no use of the brakes they were useless.
Hooli can you remember what pads you used with the Braketechs or did you use CP1s, i believe they been superseded now.
I did speak to Jeff at Braketech and he did say that Ferodo were bringing a new pad out that would be OK for street and track but they hadn't come out, but that was a few years ago now.
The Aprilia is a 2005 factory and I don't take on track now I have given a nice retirement.
If you could recommend a pad for street use, not carbon as the are not good in the wet it would be much appreciated, many thanks.
Ps taking them abs lines out of the inside of the frame on 2015 was a pain too, as I done the same as you and made custom lines up and blanked the Abs pump.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I bought those rotors used, they haven't been mounted up yet.
Thanks for getting back to me Hooli, if they are for street and track. Please let me know what pads you put with them when you mount them on the bike . Many thanks, Rich

10541 - 10560 of 10609 Posts