Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

10561 - 10580 of 10609 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Will do. Won't be until next spring unless we get a dry winter this year. (y)
Hooli, that be about the right time, I have plenty to to do getting the R1 Superstock finished ready for Spain, depending on Covid.
I doubt I will get on with the Aprilia till then anyway .
Many thanks

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

8,537 Posts
New Magical Racing CFRP, carbon RR mirrors, and Tank Top Cover. Went on with little effort and happy with it all. They make quality product!
View attachment 1016837
Those are some nice pieces right there, have the screens on 2 bikes. Did you find them used or bought them new from MR? Curious if they still carry older stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,195 Posts
Those are some nice pieces right there, have the screens on 2 bikes. Did you find them used or bought them new from MR? Curious if they still carry older stuff.

They make all their product to order. They make everything seen on their site.

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,752 Posts
Leak where? I don't see any oil.....

Reactions: dog78

·
Premium Member
'08 R1
95 Posts
Damn I thought you were talking about my fork seal until I saw the blue. I was in garage looking hard thinking why can’t I see the zip tie from the pic? Then noticed the blue. Duh

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ic, they are like the oem. Just looked different on mine as mine looks like they don't have any seal boots.

Another quick question what length is that potentiometer and what data system are you using?
The sensor does not bottom out when the fork is fully compressed with it set up like that?

8,537 Posts
Ic, they are like the oem. Just looked different on mine as mine looks like they don't have any seal boots.

Another quick question what length is that potentiometer and what data system are you using?
The sensor does not bottom out when the fork is fully compressed with it set up like that?
On the Yamaha I am using a I2M chrome pro dash with 150mm front and 75mm rear potentiometers, along with front rear brake sensors, dual IR surface temp on rear tire, TPMS front rear with internal air temp and live AFR. I can take the data from excel, massage it, then export it to race render and sync with my gopro. Rear brake and suspension sensor were not yet installed when I made this vid.

Neither sensor bottoms out on the Yamaha.

On the BMW, I can attach 2D sensors, diff system, but havent ridden that one yet.

·
Venom X/O
24,688 Posts
Ok, I know how to fix, see below...

My forks are being rebuilt this month once I can get back to the shop (stupid Covid quarantine). The shop will upgrade the seals when the ohlins goes in. I’m not doing a fork tho, since I am running superstock

·
Venom X/O
24,688 Posts
Who’s your shop? You running FKR carts?

Monkey Works Cycle in Daytona Beach. No, def not FKR there’s no point. I can run the gas charged carts that hard, I’ll be doing the NIX carts instead. If I can push the FKR’s to limit I wouldn’t be running superstock lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok thanks looks good. How is there software to look at the data? I haven't really heard much about them.
Do you know what hz the suspension is logged at. Does the i2m let you write math channel's so you can look at the suspension velocity and other items?
I have found that izze racing has a nice tire temp sensor that gets the whole tire with one sensor and they are cheap.
Are you planning to put the temp sensor on the front tire?
You should consider hooking the imu up to the dash. It should give you lots of usable data.

8,537 Posts
Ok thanks looks good. How is there software to look at the data? I haven't really heard much about them.
Do you know what hz the suspension is logged at. Does the i2m let you write math channel's so you can look at the suspension velocity and other items?
I have found that izze racing has a nice tire temp sensor that gets the whole tire with one sensor and they are cheap.
Are you planning to put the temp sensor on the front tire?
You should consider hooking the imu up to the dash. It should give you lots of usable data.
Thanks, it’s a little tricky in the beginning but the more you use it the easier it becomes.

I am unsure what the hz is to be honest, I looked in the manual. You can look at all the channels the ecu is producing, along with the extra sensors I added via the 8 available analog channels.

I have an internal front tire temp sensor via the tpms so won’t add an external any time soon.

And regarding the imu, I sold that unit since this has it’s own gps antenna and records all the ecu data.

See below:

10561 - 10580 of 10609 Posts