·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,752 Posts
Ahhhhh... the old hover bike mod. Nice!

Reactions: bacchus40

·
Venom X/O
24,688 Posts
Hi Gearheaded, I have have you retrained the calipers to the yolk stand with some Zip ties?

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
The calipers are restrained to the lock pins on the stand, and there is slack on the brake lines. Tomorrow I’m cleaning the pots in the calipers abs doing another bleed. I bleed my lines every 4mo since I’m in subtropical Florida and there’s a lot of moisture in the air. Every quarter I go over my brakes pretty thoroughly

·
Registered
186 Posts
The calipers are restrained to the lock pins on the stand, and there is slack on the brake lines. Tomorrow I’m cleaning the pots in the calipers abs doing another bleed. I bleed my lines every 4mo since I’m in subtropical Florida and there’s a lot of moisture in the air. Every quarter I go over my brakes pretty thoroughly
I normally restrain my calipers to the rad guard, but may use your idea next time . I wish it was tropical over here in GB, -3 last night . I only buy brake fluid in small amounts now for the same reason now.
Looks like it will be a while before we get back on track next year with this Covid.
I am very much like you when it comes to the maintenance of the brakes, not so much in the fluid change, probably twice a year. But I always give the calipers a good wash out, especially when I have the wheels out in the workshop.
Good luck for next year

·
Horsepower whisperer
1,500 Posts
Finally got around to pulling off my wheels on this newest R1 so I can get new tires installed.
The tires are at least 15 years old! 😮

20210110_165156.jpg
20210110_163646.jpg
20210110_165007.jpg

Reactions: 1202067

·
Unacceptable
1,352 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Details on the procedure please. Don't post up and then leave us hanging like someone else did years ago! :cool:
Hooli you can buy it, no custom charges for you.

·
JACK3D!!!
2018 Yamaha R1
468 Posts
most of the pictures speaks for themself .. or do they ?
I will write it down in swedish, and let the google translate do the work for me :D

better instructions will follow this weekend
That looks great man! Please do post the how to when you're able to. The Blinker Genie doesn't go sequential like yours does I don't think...huge difference for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im getting a new set of Bridgestone r22's fitted. Replaced the old skanky airfilter with a fresh new K & N, And after 16years replaced my old Helmet which was that tired id have bits flying around inside my helmet with the visor down 😂.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9b2e.jpg

thinking about getting a PC5 & decat

·
Venom X/O
24,688 Posts
Started prepping and painting the spare bodywork to get ready for the rest of the season while a take a little break. Haven’t raced much this year as I’ve been spending my money remodeling the house, but that’s over so now it’s back to two-wheeled fun. Upper painted, lower and rest of bodywork needs some more prep, but more matte black and vinyls on the way.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,361 Posts
Started prepping and painting the spare bodywork to get ready for the rest of the season while a take a little break. Haven’t raced much this year as I’ve been spending my money remodeling the house, but that’s over so now it’s back to two-wheeled fun. Upper painted, lower and rest of bodywork needs some more prep, but more matte black and vinyls on the way.

View attachment 1017123
Size 6 I see.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
skers
220 Posts

Purchased a used set of M10rs wheels on eBay. Were in pretty rough shape with paint chipping, stripped bolts, rusty bearings and worn out Cush driver rubbers and the front had some runout from a pothole. Woodys wheel works here in Denver CO got the front wheel back within spec and then had them powder coated gloss black. Just waiting on new titanium hardware, ceramic bearings and new decals. Will also have a buddy give them a good ceramic coating once tires are installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Unacceptable
1,352 Posts
After nearly two years I dragged the 2016 out of the garage and dusted it off. Installed the SpeedCell that had been in a box for ages (it checked out fine), checked the tires and poured in enough fuel into the bone-dry tank to get me to the neighborhood gas station. After getting used to trying to fit my ankles into my armpits (compared to the MT's riding postion), I opened her up a bit on some backroads. Keep in mind that these tires are 4 years old and the brake fluid looks like tea. But it was still a blast, even if the fueling map that Graves sent me when I installed the EVR is so rich that my gear stinks at the end of the ride. Getting that sorted is at the top of my list, followed by a thorough brake flush.

She's still a looker though.:love:

10581 - 10600 of 10609 Posts