Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
10861 - 10880 of 10923 Posts

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,692 Posts
This is the rental house 😂. We sold our house last month. I’ve barely moved in lol.

All I’ve got left is to throw the tail on.
Water break 😂😂

View attachment 1021126
The welds on that tail look really sweet. Too bad you're about to bury them under the seat. You'll know they're there though.

Just curious, how much weight you save over stock?

EDIT: after some reading, looks like you cut a solid half pound off the bike with the swap. Again, not too shabby.

·
Venom X/O
25,673 Posts
The welds on that tail look really sweet. Too bad you're about to bury them under the seat. You'll know they're there though.

Just curious, how much weight you save over stock?

EDIT: after some reading, looks like you cut a solid half pound off the bike with the swap. Again, not too shabby.
I’m not sure, it felt lighter but I didn’t weigh it. I can’t cut the weight like some of these guys, just don’t want to spend that kind of money.

First snag, my aftermarket under tail didn’t fit. Factory one barely fit and required cutting.

Second snag is I need to find a switch for the tail light as rain races require them and I don’t want to take the tail off each time.

Third little snag is the old license plate hole is ugly and I need to find a way to block it off. Anyone know of anything for that? I haven’t even looked.

But she’s in and it was super easy. took maybe 2hrs while jamming out.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,692 Posts
I’m not sure, it felt lighter but I didn’t weigh it. I can’t cut the weight like some of these guys, just don’t want to spend that kind of money.

First snag, my aftermarket under tail didn’t fit. Factory one barely fit and required cutting.

Second snag is I need to find a switch for the tail light as rain races require them and I don’t want to take the tail off each time.

Third little snag is the old license plate hole is ugly and I need to find a way to block it off. Anyone know of anything for that? I haven’t even looked.

View attachment 1021127
Would a push in barrel plug work to block off the hole? Should be able to pick one up at the supply house for next to nothing or pay out the nose at ace.

For a switch you should be able to get by with a hd military toggle. Not sure where you'd want to mount it. If you have an extra button in your pods, you could use one of them though, just an idea.

·
Venom X/O
25,673 Posts
Would a push in barrel plug work to block off the hole? Should be able to pick one up at the supply house for next to nothing or pay out the nose at ace.

For a switch you should be able to get by with a hd military toggle. Not sure where you'd want to mount it. If you have an extra button in your pods, you could use one of them though, just an idea.
It’s a large trapezoid shape like 3” across. Yamaha made it gaudy lol. I’m sure someone makes a “block off plate” somewhere.
I’ve gotta email apex, I might have a rain light switch coming, the buttons haven’t arrived yet.

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,692 Posts
It’s a large trapezoid shape like 3” across. Yamaha made it gaudy lol. I’m sure someone makes a “block off plate” somewhere.
I’ve gotta email apex, I might have a rain light switch coming, the buttons haven’t arrived yet.
Ah hell, just cut up a trash can and put some pop rivets in there then bud, nothing to it. Extra points if you put some gasket material on the edge. I figured it was a round 1/2" or 3/4" hole lol.

·
Venom X/O
25,673 Posts
Ah hell, just cut up a trash can and put some pop rivets in there then bud, nothing to it. Extra points if you put some gasket material on the edge. I figured it was a round 1/2" or 3/4" hole lol.
That’s actually a great idea, I’ve got plenty of those. I may trim it real nice to make a spot for my battery tender wire to hang out now that I think of it.

·
Registered
282 Posts

View attachment 1021127
For the ugly hole under the stock tail, I used a part I had lying around from a license player fender eliminator setup. Cleans it up nicely. My primary plastics don’t need this but my spare set of hot bodies uses the stock undertail…

·
Venom X/O
25,673 Posts
For the ugly hole under the stock tail, I used a part I had lying around from a license player fender eliminator setup. Cleans it up nicely. My primary plastics don’t need this but my spare set of hot bodies uses the stock undertail…
I should have considered TST. Their shop is less than 5mins from my house actually. Bart is a pretty cool dude too

·
Premium Member
12,466 Posts
This is the rental house 😂. We sold our house last month. I’ve barely moved in lol.

All I’ve got left is to throw the tail on.
Water break 😂😂

View attachment 1021126
Attack Triples
Race Radiator
Brembo Calipers
Motoholders Subframe

These were all on my to-do list before I decided not to throw anymore money into my bike. I need a new one. I gotta get a Cummins first though.

·
Venom X/O
25,673 Posts
Attack Triples
Race Radiator
Brembo Calipers
Motoholders Subframe

These were all on my to-do list before I decided not to throw anymore money into my bike. I need a new one. I gotta get a Cummins first though.
I won’t utilize attack trips or a race rad but I wouldn’t mind them. Can’t run brembos in my series. I chose the TT over the motoholders because I like the trellis look. Both are great.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Attack Triples
Race Radiator
Brembo Calipers
Motoholders Subframe

Cummins first? Sounds like you gotta get your priorities straight….

·
Premium Member
12,466 Posts
I won’t utilize attack trips or a race rad but I wouldn’t mind them. Can’t run brembos in my series. I chose the TT over the motoholders because I like the trellis look. Both are great.
You can’t run a master either can you?

You’re pretty stuck with weight reductions and simplified aids like captive calipers.

·
Premium Member
12,466 Posts
Cummins first? Sounds like you gotta get your priorities straight….
Yeah I know. Priorities have been good for a long time now because of the beater I’ve been driving.

It’s time I moved priorities to the side and get a new truck.

·
Venom X/O
25,673 Posts
You can’t run a master either can you?

You’re pretty stuck with weight reductions and simplified aids like captive calipers.
Na, I can run a master. I just can’t do calipers, anything fast Frank’s, engine or chassis mods. Basically suspension and brake upgrades except calipers. And even the gold tape on my air box is technically illegal. I’ll be forced to run superbike vs superstock once I get my white plate

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,620 Posts
Reactions: 18R1
10861 - 10880 of 10923 Posts