Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
10881 - 10900 of 10923 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
so stupid noob question, how do I get the factory quick shifter to actually work on my 18 R1? I've even asked my local Yamaha dealer and they looked at me like a deer in headlights when I asked them about it.

·
Administrator
24,829 Posts
It should already be working. My 15 was right out of the box. Did you get your bike flashed? Maybe they disabled it by mistake.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It should already be working. My 15 was right out of the box. Did you get your bike flashed? Maybe they disabled it by mistake.

I did get it flashed but I made sure it was not disabled, connector is plugged in firmly and I can toggle through from qs1 and 2 but nothing happens :/

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,620 Posts
View attachment 1021161

thanks! they are WAY brighter in person and in direct sunlight haha hell even at night they are stupid bright haha
Did they come on the bike? if not where did you get them from? i've been looking for a set for my 2020

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,620 Posts
I had a company I do a lot of business with powder coat them for me for $200. I also installed ceramic bearings and new tires all at the same time.
very nice. figured that's what i might have to end up doing, might find me a spare set just for that

·
Registered
7 Posts
very nice. figured that's what i might have to end up doing, might find me a spare set just for that
yea it sucked to when I had mine done as it took 2 weeks to do so I couldn't ride in the best weather we've had here in a long time haha but when I got them back it made me enjoy riding that much more.

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,620 Posts
yea it sucked to when I had mine done as it took 2 weeks to do so I couldn't ride in the best weather we've had here in a long time haha but when I got them back it made me enjoy riding that much more.
yeah the thought of that does suck. and i like my stock blue wheels enough to keep them. would be nice to have both color options. might just do a little bit of graphics for now

·
I'm going to be a dad!
389 Posts
Installed Akra mid pipe but retained OEM end can. Loud but i wear earplugs during my rides so i cant tell if it’s obnoxious. Replaced shock spring with K-tech 9nm. Soon to install front fork springs but currently i have no front stand so that’ll be on hold. Many more mods to come.

·
Venom X/O
25,672 Posts
My buttons showed up today but I’m laid up in bed sick so it won’t be installed until later this week 😞

·
Venom X/O
25,672 Posts
Feel better bro. Sucks you're sick, it's awesome that they cam in.

Got a button you can wire in for your brake light?
I do. But I’ve gotta wire it which stinks because it’s gotta be from the handle bar. Just a good section of wire

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,569 Posts
My buttons showed up today but I’m laid up in bed sick so it won’t be installed until later this week
Herpicimplex10 again huh.... I had it too a few times.

Get better

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did some mods to my new R1 that I picked 3 weeks ago!

Here we go..

1. Evotech frame sliders
2. Evotech front and rear axel slider
3. GB racing engine covers
4. Evotech rear bobbins!
5. Also bought a Lacorsa paddock stand.
6. Some unbranded tail tidy from Ebay.

Very basic mods but loved every bit of it!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
104 Posts
Long overdue:

New spark plugs (fixed my shaky idle and stutter in the low-rpm power delivery)

Core moto ss brake lines

Seat covers to cover up the old tattered ones

New headlights (had to solder in some new connectors. 1st time and it was a good learning experience)

Going to spend today cleaning her up as best I can.

Attachments

·
Venom X/O
25,672 Posts
I got the button pods all mounted up and working, now haunted by code 20 I have some other wire work to do. But less that it looks pretty sitting still in the garage anyways. New rubber ready to mount and basically fully prepped for race season 2022

·
Registered
2019 Yamha R1, 2020 KTM 790 ADV R, 2015 Honda grom, 1992 Honda CR250R, 2008 Kawasaki KX450F
17 Posts
When you get a tune the quick shift green up and down arrows dont come on anymore on the dash!
so stupid noob question, how do I get the factory quick shifter to actually work on my 18 R1? I've even asked my local Yamaha dealer and they looked at me like a deer in headlights when I asked them about it.

10881 - 10900 of 10923 Posts