Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
10941 - 10960 of 11001 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have had a few km's on it and first impression is that it works (out of the box without sensors) :) level4-5 is so controlled you wount be able to spin or wheelie..
i only tryed one real pull and that was fun:
weatherwas 6'c airtemp , frontwheel just of the ground maxing out in second gear 🙃 (levl 3 i think)

because of winter will be a few months before bike is on the road again..
have not been able to program it, problems with connections (usb/windows 10 ) but support from gubelini even in a motogp weekind is right on, mot many hours waiting for replays.

·
Venom X/O
25,779 Posts
Can I do this on 09' without throwing a code? I know on my Honda I had to cheat it with some resistors.
You can by leaving the pump plugged in and capping the hoses with 1/4” hose clamps (don’t know the metric measurement). I did it on my 09. Brass plugs with hose clamps, added the block off plates. Don’t sweat the 6oz of weight unless you want to flash the ecu (should do that already and disable the AIS)

·
Registered
168 Posts
You can by leaving the pump plugged in and capping the hoses with 1/4” hose clamps (don’t know the metric measurement). I did it on my 09. Brass plugs with hose clamps, added the block off plates. Don’t sweat the 6oz of weight unless you want to flash the ecu (should do that already and disable the AIS)
Great info thanks. Not so much the weight but removing the reed valves to get rid of the 'tick', assuming that's the stock configuration.

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,790 Posts
No pics yet, but, I replaced my ignition and my fuel cap with a set off fleabay. Battery is toast, so that's next on the list. While she is down, I'm going to drop the engine and strip her down to the pivot and service everything.

When she hits the street again in the next month or two, it's gonna be pure bliss.

I've missed my r1.

·
I'm going to be a dad!
436 Posts
Friends 2015 R1M track bike I’m putting back to stock, then up for sale. I normally do upgrades, so this is a first for me

I actually helped him find all these safety parts, so it’s gone full circle from stock to mods and back to stock!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im interested in purchasing if this is for sale?

·
Unacceptable
1,464 Posts
Yes, I know I've been neglecting the R1 this year, but at least I picked up some more goodies...clean used set of Attack rearsets. and an FTEcu QS/Autoblipper. Will send the ecu to 2WDW up in Washington State for a reflash and blipper enable. I wouldn't mind getting some track bodywork over the winter, as long as they're not Hot Bodies. :LOL: I'll also finally get around to installing the 39N oil pump cover. Should be fine as long as I use a fresh O-ring in there, right?

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,681 Posts
Yes, I know I've been neglecting the R1 this year, but at least I picked up some more goodies...clean used set of Attack rearsets. and an FTEcu QS/Autoblipper. Will send the ecu to 2WDW up in Washington State for a reflash and blipper enable. I wouldn't mind getting some track bodywork over the winter, as long as they're not Hot Bodies. :LOL: I'll also finally get around to installing the 39N oil pump cover. Should be fine as long as I use a fresh O-ring in there, right?

Love my attack rearsets, have then for both my bikes

10941 - 10960 of 11001 Posts