Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
11181 - 11200 of 11213 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Wait, even with the earplugs the exhaust is still too loud?
Maybe too loud for everyone else. I get this. When I was in my early 20s I didn’t give a sh!t if I bothered my neighbors. Now even with a quitter can I cut the bike off an role down hill to my house. Well at least I did before I offloaded my street bike. Track bike is loud as hell as it should be. :)

·
I'm going to be a dad!
540 Posts
Maybe too loud for everyone else. I get this. When I was in my early 20s I didn’t give a sh!t if I bothered my neighbors. Now even with a quitter can I cut the bike off an role down hill to my house. Well at least I did before I offloaded my street bike. Track bike is loud as hell as it should be. :)
He should hand out earplugs to his neighbors. 😆😆😆😆

·
I'm going to be a dad!
540 Posts
The R1 is hands down the loudest bike I have ever owned. And I've put Akrapovic on just about everything else I've owned as well.
Downgrade to an R3. 😆

·
I'm going to be a dad!
540 Posts
My R1 is loud but my Ducati 1199S is LOUD!!! No comparison—-the R1 is like ripping silk— the Ducati sounds like the Hounds of Hell— almost evil-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The R1 is hands down the loudest bike I have ever owned. And I've put Akrapovic on just about everything else I've owned as well.
Sometimes I prefer a quiet peaceful ride.
Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,747 Posts
Sometimes I prefer a quiet peaceful ride.
View attachment 1022488
Agreed, my Graves slipon on mu 2020 is just loud enough to make it sound racey, but quiet enough that its not annoying or wakes up half the neighborhood. Its nice when out riding and not having too much drone and sound levels flooding your ears. The 05 on the other hand gets pretty loud, but not enough to make me regret the exhaust.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Spent a little time in the garage tonight putting some final touches on the 2021 bike. Bike just came back from BPR for the full kit harness / ECU massage. Swapped out the 3/4 Akra for a full Ti Graves unit (LOOUUDD). This bike officially dunso. Damn money pit. Can't wait to put some miles on it now. First race of the season is a month away!!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Venom X/O
25,940 Posts
Spent a little time in the garage tonight putting some final touches on the 2021 bike. Bike just came back from BPR for the full kit harness / ECU massage. Swapped out the 3/4 Akra for a full Ti Graves unit (LOOUUDD). This bike officially dunso. Damn money pit. Can't wait to put some miles on it now. First race of the season is a month away!!

View attachment 1022523
View attachment 1022524
Love it! Which series you running?

·
Venom X/O
25,940 Posts
8,838 Posts

·
I'm going to be a dad!
540 Posts
Nice, congrats!!! Great bike! What year is it? I have a friend parting out a really nice one with everything on it…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a 2014 Factory RSV4. Which is his, i may be interested in purchasing some parts? Thanks

11181 - 11200 of 11213 Posts