Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
11321 - 11340 of 11360 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha YZF-R1/Raven
465 Posts
Probably Boring to most of you, but a big f$Cking deal for me-
I changed my shifter over to reverse shift pattern. I rode for a couple of hours each Friday and Saturday to get used to it. I go to the track this coming weekend and I didn’t want the first time I tried it to be on the track. I’m battling 40 years of muscle memory, but I really like it. It seems more natural somehow.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Probably Boring to most of you, but a big f$Cking deal for me-
I changed my shifter over to reverse shift pattern. I rode for a couple of hours each Friday and Saturday to get used to it. I go to the track this coming weekend and I didn’t want the first time I tried it to be on the track. I’m battling 40 years of muscle memory, but I really like it. It seems more natural somehow.
Was seriously thinking about it but afraid that one time I'll have a brain fart and grenade transmission and/or over rev.

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
11,049 Posts
Na just do it

Reactions: CBat

·
Registered
412 Posts
Install FTECu, c/w TAD158-ized CAN Unrestricted image. Graves block plates. Freshly painted wheels back on. Skins back on. TechSpec tank grips. Removed Apex bar risers, back to stock. Graves inserts installed. Final installation of custom brake res bracket. Bled brakes / new fluid.

I must say, with the FTECU flash, M4 ypipe, etc, this is a completely different bike....more power than I will ever need and with the Road 5s cornering is fun as hell.

1st run on tires so the poultry strips are WIP 😁

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Motorcycle Automotive tire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ordered an OEM windshield and decal to get rid off that tinted Chinese job with the sharp top edge.
That was a bit of mission to find, got one from Europe.
Do you guys have a good supplier for discontinued OEM parts?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Started the racer again ( running it hot every day) , bleeded frontbrake.. how loong does it take to get "feel" on sinter pads ? can endo it lowspeed but dont get feel on it.. (only tryed in driveway) , whent for a drive with the caddy (14hours) picing up 5 engines (bruken but lots of parts) cost.. 250$ + drive costs..
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Tire Building

·
Venom X/O
26,222 Posts
Started the racer again ( running it hot every day) , bleeded frontbrake.. how loong does it take to get "feel" on sinter pads ? can endo it lowspeed but dont get feel on it.. (only tryed in driveway) , whent for a drive with the caddy (14hours) picing up 5 engines (bruken but lots of parts) cost.. 250$ + drive costs..
View attachment 1023957
They gotta get hot

·
11,049 Posts
Install FTECu, c/w TAD158-ized CAN Unrestricted image. Graves block plates. Freshly painted wheels back on. Skins back on. TechSpec tank grips. Removed Apex bar risers, back to stock. Graves inserts installed. Final installation of custom brake res bracket. Bled brakes / new fluid.

I must say, with the FTECU flash, M4 ypipe, etc, this is a completely different bike....more power than I will ever need and with the Road 5s cornering is fun as hell.

1st run on tires so the poultry strips are WIP

View attachment 1023939
View attachment 1023940
View attachment 1023941
You copied all the maps over, timing, fuel, throttle, accelerator pump, idle etc...

You now have a 3/4 system so you need at that stuff to be tuned right.

I posted a full cad version of my image last night.

Reactions: CBat

·
Registered
412 Posts
You copied all the maps over, timing, fuel, throttle, accelerator pump, idle etc...

You now have a 3/4 system so you need at that stuff to be tuned right.

I posted a full cad version of my image last night.
I did, yes. I was going for a ride and didn't want to bug you so I took the liberty...only took an hour.

·
11,049 Posts
Springs in the front forks. Your welcome.

11321 - 11340 of 11360 Posts