Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean.

Sure, I like the raw look and power.. but what if I can't afford it.. (like I can't right now).

What should I get instead that is ... wheelie happy and good looking (enough good looking)..

I hate everything that is not sportbikes. Don't give me something older than '93..

:p

·
Registered
3 Posts
easy answer! FZ1
it has all of your pre-requisites too.
people think it's slow. i get guys on r6's, cbr 600's that want to race a 'bigger' bike. i guess they dont read. they should'uve!
aftermarket parts are hittin the streets everyday. my undertail should be here today. hugger is coming soon.
s/o is on a UPS truck and the jet kit is already installed.
i got the lower bar mounts when i bought the bike. i need a taller windscreen, but have several to choose from. carbon fiber? you can get it all over the bike. i dont like it personally.

AND you wont kill your back or your wrists. no leg cramps...except after 700 miles. :eek:

$8500 msrp U.S. money of course.

what else? ;)

Rick

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well.. I don't like to sit up straight.. I want my back to hurt after a ride :) It's called "Sportbike rider" .. .or something :)

But YES the FZ1 is a cool bike that I'd love to TRY. I was looking at one today actually.. at the local dealer..

·
Registered
447 Posts
The new 954RR from Honda looks like it is going to be sweet but it is going to retail for $300 more than the R1. :( Don't know if you are going to touch anything new for much less then $10,000. (assuming you stay with a liter bike)

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
Hey the 929 is no sloutch a frien has one and it pulls straight up in 3rd at 110-120mph

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Twisted Logic: It does? Wow!.. kinda impressive.. is he sitting down as he wheelies it in 3rd? Cuz a friend with a gixxer 1000 can do sitting wheelies in 3rd.. around 120mph.

Even though I were able to pull 6th gear wheelies I was not able to pull them sitting in 3rd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts