Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'm Slow
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am contemplating selling my 05 R1, and would like some advice on what you all think it is worth.

2005 R1
Raven color
appx 500 miles (yes five hundred)

It still has the color strips on the tires from the factory. That is how little i have rode it.

cored pipes

custom LED rear turn signals

frame, bar end, and swing arm sliders

everything else stock.

As you can see, i just did not ride much this year, i have never been totally happy with my purchase, just too much bike for the street and it will likely get me in trouble at some point in time.

I have put more track miles in this year on my R6.

Riding on the street has just lost most of its appeal to me and I could not get myself to put the R1 on the track since i have so much fun on the R6.

So how much should i expect to get out of it?

Thanks
AMP

·
I'm Slow
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i was thinking somewhere between 9 and 9500 but was not sure what the new 06 was going for. This is about the worst time to try to sell a bike with winter coming on but i just can't stand seeing it sit in my garage gathering dust.

The track bug bit me hard this year. For the street i am thinking of going to an FZ1, monster, or tuono. These just make more sense in my case.

At least that is what i keep telling myself.

·
Bone Stock....for now....
460 Posts
Kelley Blue Book

NADA

Would give you my opinion but you know what they say about opinions.....:)

I will say it seems to me that most get more $$ overall if they sell major ad-ons separate and sell the bike as stock. I honestly didn't take a hard look at your ad-ons so that's about all I can say on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.