Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
GOTTA LOVE THE SPEED
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I am new to the forum. I previously was a gixxer rider but just bought a 2002 R1. It has full Yoshi pipe and nothing else. Currently the bike has about 10,500 miles on it and was "adult" ridden... or so they say.
Anyway, I just wanted to know what i need to do at that mileage (valve adjustment?)
How many miles will this baby last me and what can I expect for maintenance?

Thanks,
R1 newbe

·
GOTTA LOVE THE SPEED
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet. Any advice as to what I should check on it B 4 I ride? I am doing an oil change right now and setting the suspension up for my weight. Not sure of the history of the bike, but it looks like it is in good condition. I need a new battery and chain.
Thanks for the info

·
GOTTA LOVE THE SPEED
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks guys. Skeeter, Nice to see you @ the Deals gap sign. My brother in law and sister used to ride that all the time when they lived in VA. They just moved out to CA, but used to talk about Deals Gap a lot. They were on the Navy base around Norfolk area. Here is a link to see a pic from the their blog. Hope the link works. It is the first one I have posted.

http://www.jdryer.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=55&pos=13

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.